Key features and details
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameMammalian Cell Lysis Buffer 5X
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Mammalian Cell Lysis Buffer 5X (ab179835) is widely used to prepare mammalian cell and tissue lysates for use in a variety of downstream biochemical assays, especially those for quantification of enzymatic activity. This buffer does not contain SDS, a reagent that interferes with many activity assays.
The lysis buffer has been optimized for mammalian samples, but it can also be used for preparation of plant or bacterial samples.
The buffer just requires a simple 5-fold dilution, and minimal hands-on-time. Cell lysates are ready in only 15 minutes.
ab179835 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Shah KN et al. N-Acetyl cysteine abrogates silver-induced reactive oxygen species in human cells without altering silver-based antimicrobial activity. Toxicol Lett 332:118-129 (2020). PubMed: 32659471
- Ma X et al. Paxillin regulated genomic networks in prostate cancer. Steroids 151:108463 (2019). PubMed: 31344408
- Hallal N et al. Data on dysfunctional muscle contraction and genes contractile expression associated with chlorpyrifos exposure in slow twitch skeletal muscle. Data Brief 27:104775 (2019). PubMed: 31879696
- Purnell MC et al. Modulation of endoplasmic reticulum stress and the unfolded protein response in cancerous and noncancerous cells. SAGE Open Med 6:2050312118783412 (2018). PubMed: 29977552
- Iuso A et al. Mutations in PPCS, Encoding Phosphopantothenoylcysteine Synthetase, Cause Autosomal-Recessive Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Am J Hum Genet 102:1018-1030 (2018). PubMed: 29754768
- Jehle J et al. Genetic disruption of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 improves endothelial function and attenuates atherosclerosis in MRP1-/- LDLr-/- double knockout mice. Arch Med Sci 13:930-936 (2017). PubMed: 28721160