Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [14D12] to Mannan Binding Lectin/MBL
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Mannan Binding Lectin/MBL antibody [14D12]
See all Mannan Binding Lectin/MBL primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [14D12] to Mannan Binding Lectin/MBL
SpecificityIt is recommended that solutions with a calcium concentration of 1 mM are used as ab106046 is a calcium-dependent antibody.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Mouse Mannan Binding Lectin/MBL.
- Mouse Serum and kidney tissue
This product was previously labelled as Mannan Binding Lectin
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered antibody solution
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||1/10. Cryostat sections (7µm) of mouse tissue were acetone fixed and stained o/n at 4C in TBS/2% goat serum|
FunctionCalcium-dependent lectin involved in innate immune defense. Binds mannose, fucose and N-acetylglucosamine on different microorganisms and activates the lectin complement pathway. Binds to late apoptotic cells, as well as to apoptotic blebs and to necrotic cells, but not to early apoptotic cells, facilitating their uptake by macrophages. May bind DNA.
Tissue specificityPlasma protein produced mainly in the liver.
Involvement in diseaseNote=There is an association between low levels of MBL2 and a defect of opsonization which results in susceptibility to frequent and chronic infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C-type lectin domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
- Information by UniProt
- COLEC 1 antibody
- COLEC1 antibody
- Collectin-1 antibody
ab106046 detecting Mannan Binding Lectin/MBL deposition in developing murine atherosclerotic lesions following 10 weeks of high fat feeding. Mannan Binding Lectin/MBL was detected in and around invading macrophages invading the intima (insert). Mannan Binding Lectin/MBL bound at sites of necrosis (upper right corner). No Mannan Binding Lectin/MBL binding was shown in the media or on fibrous caps covering the thickened intima.
ab106046 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Bowie E & Goetz SC TTBK2 and primary cilia are essential for the connectivity and survival of cerebellar Purkinje neurons. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31934864
- Garland DL et al. Mouse genetics and proteomic analyses demonstrate a critical role for complement in a model of DHRD/ML, an inherited macular degeneration. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 23943789
- Matthijsen RA et al. Macrophage-specific expression of mannose-binding lectin controls atherosclerosis in low-density lipoprotein receptor-deficient mice. Circulation 119:2188-95 (2009). PubMed: 19380618
- Held K et al. Increased susceptibility of complement factor B/C2 double knockout mice and mannan-binding lectin knockout mice to systemic infection with Candida albicans. Mol Immunol 45:3934-41 (2008). PubMed: 18672286
- Phaneuf LR et al. Binding of mouse mannan-binding lectins to different bacterial pathogens of mice. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 118:129-33 (2007). PubMed: 17493687
- Liu H et al. Characterization and quantification of mouse mannan-binding lectins (MBL-A and MBL-C) and study of acute phase responses. Scand J Immunol 53:489-97 (2001). PubMed: 11309157