Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6828(B)] to Mannose Receptor
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Mannose Receptor antibody [EPR6828(B)]
See all Mannose Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6828(B)] to Mannose Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Mannose Receptor aa 1400 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P22897
- WB: Human lung tissue; ICC/IF: MOLT-4 (human lymphoblastic leukemia cell line); Flow Cyt: MOLT-4 (human lymphoblastic leukemia cell line).
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 1.75 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-Mannose Receptor antibody [EPR6828(B)] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab195191)
- Anti-Mannose Receptor antibody [EPR6828(B)] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab195192)
- Anti-Mannose Receptor antibody [EPR6828(B)] (HRP) (ab195193)
- Anti-Mannose Receptor antibody [EPR6828(B)] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab209327)
- Anti-Mannose Receptor antibody [EPR6828(B)] - BSA and Azide free (ab209332)
- Anti-Mannose Receptor antibody [EPR6828(B)] (PE) (ab223960)
- Anti-Mannose Receptor antibody [EPR6828(B)] (APC) (ab223961)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125028 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 166 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionMediates the endocytosis of glycoproteins by macrophages. Binds both sulfated and non-sulfated polysaccharide chains. Acts as phagocytic receptor for bacteria, fungi and other pathogens.
Sequence similaritiesContains 8 C-type lectin domains.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-II domain.
Contains 1 ricin B-type lectin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- bA541I19.1 antibody
- C type lectin domain family 13 member D antibody
- C-type lectin domain family 13 member D antibody
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis MOLT-4 (Human lymphoblastic leukemia) cells labeling Mannose Receptor with ab125028 at 1 μg/mL. Cells were fixed with 100% methanol. ab150081, an AlexaFluor®488 Goat anti-Rabbit at 1/1000 was used as the secondary antibody. Cells were counter-stained with ab195889 Anti-Alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] (1/250) - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594). Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Confocal image showing membranous staining on MOLT-4 cell line.
Flow Cytometry analysis of Molt-4 (human acute lymphoblastic leukemia ) cells labeling Mannose Receptor with unpurified ab125028 at 1/200 dilution (10ug/ml) (red). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488)(1/2000 dilution) was used as the secondary antibody. Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) was used as the isotype control, cells without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue) were used as the unlabeled control.
All lanes : Anti-Mannose Receptor antibody [EPR6828(B)] (ab125028) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human lung tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Human brain tissue lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse brain tissue lysate
Lane 4 : U-937 (Human histiocytic lymphoma monocyte) whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : THP-1 (Human monocytic leukemia monocyte) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 166 kDa
Observed band size: 200 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 160 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 65 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 20 seconds
Blocking/Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
The expression profile observed in U-937 and THP-1 is consistent with the literature (PMID: 20801507 and PMID: 30591689). Rabbit monoclonal [EPR16891] to GAPDH (ab181602) used as loading control.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab125028 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Wang J et al. Microcystin-LR ameliorates pulmonary fibrosis via modulating CD206+ M2-like macrophage polarization. Cell Death Dis 11:136 (2020). PubMed: 32075954
- Keeler DM et al. Brevenal, a Marine Natural Product, is Anti-Inflammatory and an Immunomodulator of Macrophage and Lung Epithelial Cells. Mar Drugs 17:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30897777
- Li Y et al. Bone marrow macrophage M2 polarization and adipose-derived stem cells osteogenic differentiation synergistically promote rehabilitation of bone damage. J Cell Biochem 120:19891-19901 (2019). PubMed: 31338874
- Wang L et al. Borneol alleviates brain injury in sepsis mice by blocking neuronal effect of endotoxin. Life Sci 232:116647 (2019). PubMed: 31301416
- Paschon V et al. VDAC1 is essential for neurite maintenance and the inhibition of its oligomerization protects spinal cord from demyelination and facilitates locomotor function recovery after spinal cord injury. Sci Rep 9:14063 (2019). PubMed: 31575916