Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Mannosidase II/MAN2A1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Mannosidase II/MAN2A1 antibody
See all Mannosidase II/MAN2A1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Mannosidase II/MAN2A1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP or WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Monkey
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Mannosidase II/MAN2A1 (internal sequence) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- ICC: COS7 cells
This product was previously labelled as Mannosidase II
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12277 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use with methanol fixed cells. 4% paraformaldehyde fixation reduces signal.
FunctionCatalyzes the first committed step in the biosynthesis of complex N-glycans. It controls conversion of high mannose to complex N-glycans; the final hydrolytic step in the N-glycan maturation pathway.
PathwayProtein modification; protein glycosylation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 38 family.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 3-1 antibody
- 6-alpha-mannosidase antibody
- Alpha mannosidase 2 antibody
COS7 cells were fixed with cold methanol for 10 minutes followed by incubation with ab12277 (1/200) in 5% normal goat serum. FITC-conjugated goat anti-rabbit was used to visualise bound rabbit antibodies. Nuclei were stained with DAPI.
ICC/IF image of ab12277 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab12277, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab12277 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Fokin Artem I et al. Centrosome-derived microtubule radial array, PCM-1 protein, and primary cilia formation. Protoplasma 256:1361-1373 (2019). PubMed: 31079229
- Santos-Cortez RLP et al. FUT2 Variants Confer Susceptibility to Familial Otitis Media. Am J Hum Genet 103:679-690 (2018). PubMed: 30401457
- Vashi N et al. Ca2+-dependent Focal Exocytosis of Golgi-derived Vesicles Helps Phagocytic Uptake in Macrophages. J Biol Chem 292:5144-5165 (2017). PubMed: 28174296
- Jiang P et al. The Protein Encoded by the CCDC170 Breast Cancer Gene Functions to Organize the Golgi-Microtubule Network. EBioMedicine 22:28-43 (2017). PubMed: 28687497
- Casey CA et al. Study of Ethanol-Induced Golgi Disorganization Reveals the Potential Mechanism of Alcohol-Impaired N-Glycosylation. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 40:2573-2590 (2016). PubMed: 27748959