Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1983Y] to MAP1LC3A - Autophagosome Marker
- Suitable for: WB, IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-MAP1LC3A antibody [EP1983Y] - Autophagosome Marker
See all MAP1LC3A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1983Y] to MAP1LC3A - Autophagosome Marker
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with MAP1LC3A.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human MAP1LC3A aa 100 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9H492
- WB: Hela cell lysate IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52768 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 16 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/40 - 1/1000.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionProbably involved in formation of autophagosomal vacuoles (autophagosomes).
Tissue specificityMost abundant in heart, brain, liver, skeletal muscle and testis but absent in thymus and peripheral blood leukocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAP1 LC3 family.
modificationsThe precursor molecule is cleaved by APG4B/ATG4B to form the cytosolic form, LC3-I. This is activated by APG7L/ATG7, transferred to ATG3 and conjugated to phospholipid to form the membrane-bound form, LC3-II.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Endomembrane system. Cytoplasmic vesicle > autophagosome membrane. LC3-II binds to the autophagic membranes.
- Information by UniProt
- ATG8E antibody
- Autophagy related protein LC3 A antibody
- Autophagy related ubiquitin like modifier LC3 A antibody
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of C6 (rat glioma) labelling MAP1LC3A with purified ab52768 at 1/500. Cells were fixed with 100% methanol. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody (Ab150077). Nuclei counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Overlay histogram showing SHSY-5Y cells stained with ab52768 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab52768, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in SHSY-5Y cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Anti-MAP1LC3A antibody [EP1983Y] - Autophagosome Marker (ab52768) at 1/10000 dilution + Hela cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 14 kDa
Observed band size: 16 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of human keratinocytes (pannel A) and VZV-infected melanoma cells (panel E) labelling MAP1LC3A with ab52768.
Immunohistochemical staining of MAP1LC3A in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma using ab52768 at a 1/100 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52768 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Hirai Y et al. Autophagy in malnutrition-associated dermatoses. J Dermatol 46:43-47 (2019). PubMed: 30379352
- Xu Y et al. Protective Effects of Melatonin Against Zearalenone Toxicity on Porcine Embryos in vitro. Front Pharmacol 10:327 (2019). PubMed: 31024301
- Horigome Y et al. Loss of autophagy in chondrocytes causes severe growth retardation. Autophagy N/A:1-11 (2019). PubMed: 31203752
- Qi QM et al. Ginkgolic acids induce HepG2 cell death via a combination of apoptosis, autophagy and the mitochondrial pathway. Oncol Lett 15:6400-6408 (2018). Human . PubMed: 29725398
- Asai E et al. Spatiotemporal alterations of autophagy marker LC3 in rat skin fibroblasts during wound healing process. Fukushima J Med Sci 64:15-22 (2018). PubMed: 29343655
- Huang HY et al. The roles of autophagy and hypoxia in human inflammatory periapical lesions. Int Endod J 51 Suppl 2:e125-e145 (2018). PubMed: 28439929
- Shi ZY et al. Protective effect of autophagy in neural ischemia and hypoxia: Negative regulation of the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Int J Mol Med 40:1699-1708 (2017). PubMed: 29039446
- Hiyama M et al. Nutrient starvation affects expression of LC3 family at the feto-maternal interface during murine placentation. J Vet Med Sci 77:305-11 (2015). PubMed: 25421500
- Buckingham EM et al. Nuclear LC3-positive puncta in stressed cells do not represent autophagosomes. Biotechniques 57:241-4 (2014). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 25399676
- Jackson W et al. Visualization and quantitation of abundant macroautophagy in virus-infected cells by confocal three-dimensional fluorescence imaging. J Virol Methods 193:244-50 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23792686