Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AP-20] to MAP2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish, Quail, Salamander
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-MAP2 antibody [AP-20]
See all MAP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AP-20] to MAP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish, Quail, Salamander
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Cow MAP2.
- ICC: Mouse Cell (Cortical neuron culture)
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 25th October 2016. The following lot(s) is/are from ascites and is still in stock as of 25th October 2016- GR143561. Lot numbers higher than GR143561 will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from Tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11268 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionThe exact function of MAP2 is unknown but MAPs may stabilize the microtubules against depolymerization. They also seem to have a stiffening effect on microtubules.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Tau/MAP repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated at serine residues in K-X-G-S motifs by MAP/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase (MARK1 or MARK2), causing detachment from microtubules, and their disassembly (By similarity). Isoform 2 is probably phosphorylated by PKA at Ser-323, Ser-354 and Ser-386 and by FYN at Tyr-67.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp686I2148 antibody
- MAP 2 antibody
- MAP dendrite specific antibody
Mouse monoclonal [AP-20] to MAP2 - Neuronal Marker (ab11268) used at a dilution of 1/500 in Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence on Mouse Cell (Cortical neuron culture). Fixative: Paraformaldehyde. Blocking step: 2% Serum incubated for 1 hour at RT. Secondary Antibody: Goat anti-mouse AlexaFluor 594 Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 594; 1/1000
ab11268 staining MAP2 in E16 mouse brain neocortex (bottom is dorsal) by immunohistochemistry. Free-floating sections were incubated with ab11268 (1/5000) for 2 hours at 21ºC. Bound antibody was detected using a biotinylated donkey anti-mouse IgG antibody. This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Randal Moldrich, 6 March 2008.
ab11268 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Tullii G et al. High-Aspect-Ratio Semiconducting Polymer Pillars for 3D Cell Cultures. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 11:28125-28137 (2019). PubMed: 31356041
- Wang YM et al. MicroRNA-197 controls ADAM10 expression to mediate MeCP2's role in the differentiation of neuronal progenitors. Cell Death Differ 26:1863-1879 (2019). PubMed: 30560934
- Kurabayashi N et al. The LPA-LPA4 axis is required for establishment of bipolar morphology and radial migration of newborn cortical neurons. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30217809
- Lal P et al. Identification of a neuronal population in the telencephalon essential for fear conditioning in zebrafish. BMC Biol 16:45 (2018). IHC ; Zebrafish . PubMed: 29690872
- Pisansky MT et al. Mice lacking the chromodomain helicase DNA-binding 5 chromatin remodeler display autism-like characteristics. Transl Psychiatry 7:e1152 (2017). PubMed: 28608855