Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MAP3K8/COT
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MAP3K8/COT antibody
See all MAP3K8/COT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MAP3K8/COT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human MAP3K8/COT aa 223-467.
Database link: P41279
- Recombinant Human MAP3K8/COT protein (ab132532) can be used as a positive control in WB. A431, H1299, HeLa, HepG2, MOLT4 and Raji whole cell lysates; Human NCIN87 xenograft tissue; HeLa cells.
This product was previously labelled as MAP3K8
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 10% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137589 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol. or Tris-EDTA buffer (pH8.0)|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionRequired for TLR4 activation of the MEK/ERK pathway. Able to activate NF-kappa-B 1 by stimulating proteasome-mediated proteolysis of NF-kappa-B 1/p105. Plays a role in the cell cycle. The longer form has some transforming activity, although it is much weaker than the activated cot oncoprotein.
Tissue specificityExpressed in several normal tissues and human tumor-derived cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Developmental stageIsoform 1 is activated specifically during the S and G2/M phases of the cell cycle.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Isoform 1 undergoes phosphorylation mainly on Ser residues, and isoform 2 on both Ser and Thr residues.
- Information by UniProt
- AURA2 antibody
- c COT antibody
- Cancer Osaka thyroid oncogene antibody
Anti-MAP3K8/COT antibody (ab137589) at 1/1000 dilution + HepG2 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
10% SDS PAGE
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human NCIN87 xenograft tissue, labelling MAP3K8/COT with ab137589 at 1/500 dilution.
Immunofluorescent analysis of methanol-fixed HeLa cells labelling MAP3K8/COT with ab137589 at 1/200 dilution. The lower image is co-stained with Hoechst 33342.
ab137589 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Chorzalska A et al. Overexpression of Tpl2 is linked to imatinib resistance and activation of MEK-ERK and NF-?B pathways in a model of chronic myeloid leukemia. Mol Oncol N/A:N/A (2018). WB . PubMed: 29485707
- Huang X et al. Identification of altered microRNAs and mRNAs in the cumulus cells of PCOS patients: miRNA-509-3p promotes oestradiol secretion by targeting MAP3K8. Reproduction 151:643-55 (2016). PubMed: 27001999