Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MAP4K4/NIK
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MAP4K4/NIK antibody
See all MAP4K4/NIK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MAP4K4/NIK
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MAP4K4/NIK aa 383-437.
- 293T, HeLa, HepG2, MOLT4 and Raji whole cell lysates; HeLa cells; Human SNU1 xenograft tissue.
General notesKeep as a concentrated solution.
This product was previously labelled as MAP4K4
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 78% PBS, 1% BSA, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab155583 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 142 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionSerine/threonine kinase that may play a role in the response to environmental stress and cytokines such as TNF-alpha. Appears to act upstream of the JUN N-terminal pathway.
Tissue specificityAppears to be ubiquitous. Expressed in all tissue types examined. Isoform 5 appears to be more abundant in the brain. Isoform 4 is predominant in the liver, skeletal muscle and placenta.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. STE20 subfamily.
Contains 1 CNH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- FLH21957 antibody
- FLJ10410 antibody
- FLJ20373 antibody
Anti-MAP4K4/NIK antibody (ab155583) at 1/1000 dilution + Raji whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 142 kDa
5% SDS PAGE
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human SNU1 xenograft tissue labeling MAP4K4/NIK with ab155583 at 1/250 dilution.
Immunofluorescent analysis of paraformaldehyde-fixed HeLa cells labeling MAP4K4/NIK with ab155583 at 1/200 dilution. Lower image shows cells co-stained with Hoechst 33342.
ab155583 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Chen S et al. Silencing CDC25A inhibits the proliferation of liver cancer cells by downregulating IL-6 in vitro and in vivo. Int J Mol Med 45:743-752 (2020). PubMed: 31922225
- Lemberger M et al. MicroRNA profiling of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) reveals signature expression related to lymph node metastasis. Oncotarget 10:2644-2656 (2019). PubMed: 31080555
- Dong XZ et al. Sanguinarine inhibits the proliferation of BGC-823 gastric cancer cells via regulating miR-96-5p/miR-29c-3p and the MAPK/JNK signaling pathway. J Nat Med 73:777-788 (2019). PubMed: 31243669
- Strang BL et al. Identification of lead anti-human cytomegalovirus compounds targeting MAP4K4 via machine learning analysis of kinase inhibitor screening data. PLoS One 13:e0201321 (2018). PubMed: 30048526
- Wang F et al. Chemotherapy-induced miR-141/MAP4K4 signaling suppresses progression of colorectal cancer. Biosci Rep 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30429233
- Liu YF et al. Silencing of MAP4K4 by short hairpin RNA suppresses proliferation, induces G1 cell cycle arrest and induces apoptosis in gastric cancer cells. Mol Med Rep 13:41-8 (2016). PubMed: 26549737
- Feng L et al. Role of microRNA-141 in colorectal cancer with lymph node metastasis. Exp Ther Med 12:3405-3410 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27882171