Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MAPK6/ERK3 (phospho S189)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MAPK6/ERK3 (phospho S189) antibody
See all MAPK6/ERK3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MAPK6/ERK3 (phospho S189)
ab74032 detects endogenous levels of MAPK6/ERK3 only when phosphorylated at serine 189.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Previously labelled as MAPK6.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab74032 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74032 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionPhosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). May promote entry in the cell cycle.
Tissue specificityHighest expression in the skeletal muscle, followed by the brain. Also found in heart, placenta, lung, liver, pancreas, kidney and skin fibroblasts.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-626 and Tyr-628, which activates the enzyme.
- Information by UniProt
- ERK-3 antibody
- ERK3 antibody
- Extracellular signal regulated kinase 3 antibody
Immunohistochemistry analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab74032, at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-MAPK6/ERK3 (phospho S189) antibody (ab74032) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from mouse brain
Lane 2 : Extracts from mouse brain with immunising phosphopeptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab74032 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Jia T et al. MiR-148a inhibits oral squamous cell carcinoma progression through ERK/MAPK pathway via targeting IGF-IR. Biosci Rep 40:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32202300
- Liu YS & Wei B Over-expression of Bcl2-associated athanogene 2 in oral cancer promotes cellular proliferation and is associated with poor prognosis. Arch Oral Biol 102:164-170 (2019). PubMed: 31055249
- Ling S et al. Metformin potentiates the effect of arsenic trioxide suppressing intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: roles of p38 MAPK, ERK3, and mTORC1. J Hematol Oncol 10:59 (2017). PubMed: 28241849