Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MARCKS
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MARCKS antibody
See all MARCKS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MARCKS
Specificityab51100 detects endogenous levels of total MARCKS protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthentic non-phosphopeptide derived from human MARCKS around the phosphorylation site of serine 162 (K-K-SP-F-K).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab51100 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
Corresponding phospho antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51100 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionMARCKS is the most prominent cellular substrate for protein kinase C. This protein binds calmodulin, actin, and synapsin. MARCKS is a filamentous (F) actin cross-linking protein.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MARCKS family.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKC displaces MARCKS from the membrane. It also inhibits the F-actin cross-linking activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 80 kDa protein antibody
- 80K L antibody
- 80K L protein antibody
ab51100 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wang Y et al. Adipokine RBP4 drives ovarian cancer cell migration. J Ovarian Res 11:29 (2018). PubMed: 29642915
- Song HM et al. Carnosic acid protects mice from high-fat diet-induced NAFLD by regulating MARCKS. Int J Mol Med 42:193-207 (2018). PubMed: 29620148
- Johnston DGW et al. MicroRNA-21 Limits Uptake of Listeria monocytogenes by Macrophages to Reduce the Intracellular Niche and Control Infection. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 7:201 (2017). PubMed: 28589100
- Qi X et al. Cathepsin B modulates lysosomal biogenesis and host defense against Francisella novicida infection. J Exp Med 213:2081-97 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27551156
- Rodriguez Peña MJ et al. MARCKS Protein Is Phosphorylated and Regulates Calcium Mobilization during Human Acrosomal Exocytosis. PLoS One 8:e64551 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23704996