Product nameAnti-MARK2 (phospho T595) antibody
See all MARK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MARK2 (phospho T595)
SpecificityReactivity occurs against human MARK2 pT595 protein and the antibody is specific for the phosphorylated form of the protein. Reactivity with non-phosphorylated human MARK2 is minimal by ELISA. Expect at least partial reactivity with other isoforms of MARK. The immunogen sequence is present in all forms identified to date and localizes to T595 on MARK2, T587 on MARK3, T591 on MARK1 and T568 on MARK4.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Dog, Human
- HEK293 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe product was affinity purified from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity purification.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34751 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||1/2000 - 1/10000.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 82 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 87 kDa).|
FunctionRole in epithelial morphogenesis. Modulates the developmental decision to build a columnar versus a hepatic epithelial cell apparently by promoting a switch from a direct to a transcytotic mode of apical protein delivery. Essential for the asymmetric development of membrane domains of polarized epithelial cells. One or more isoforms may play a role in graft rejection.
Tissue specificityHigh levels of expression in heart, brain, skeletal muscle and pancreas, lower levels observed in lung, liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MARK subfamily.
Contains 1 KA1 (kinase-associated) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 UBA domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Phosphorylated by PRKCZ in polarized epithelial cells, resulting in an interaction with YWHAZ which promotes relocation from the lateral to the apical membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ELKL motif kinase 1 antibody
- ELKL motif kinase antibody
- EMK-1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MARK2 (phospho T595) antibody (ab34751) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : MW markers
Lane 2 : untransfected HEK293 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HEK293 cells transfected with pCMV-3×Flag-
MARK2 plus pCMV-Flag-PKC-zeta
Lane 4 : HEK293 cells transfected with pCMV-3×Flag-MARK2 only
Predicted band size: 87 kDa
Observed band size: 82 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab34751 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Mirza AN et al. Combined inhibition of atypical PKC and histone deacetylase 1 is cooperative in basal cell carcinoma treatment. JCI Insight 2:N/A (2017). Mouse . PubMed: 29093271
- Yadav SK et al. Regulation of aPKC activity by Nup358 dependent SUMO modification. Sci Rep 6:34100 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27682244
- Tobias IS & Newton AC Protein Scaffolds Control Localized Protein Kinase C? Activity. J Biol Chem 291:13809-22 (2016). PubMed: 27143478
- Wu-Zhang AX et al. Cellular Pharmacology of Protein Kinase M? (PKM?) Contrasts with Its in Vitro Profile: IMPLICATIONS FOR PKM? AS A MEDIATOR OF MEMORY. J Biol Chem 287:12879-85 (2012). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22378786