Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR13136] to Mast Cell Chymase - C-terminal
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Mast Cell Chymase antibody [EPR13136] - C-terminal
See all Mast Cell Chymase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR13136] to Mast Cell Chymase - C-terminal
SpecificityNot suitable for mouse or rat samples. Gave high background in IHC-P during initial testing.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human Mast Cell Chymase aa 200 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P23946
- Human small intestine tissue lysate and Human colon tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab186417 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 27 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 27 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMajor secreted protease of mast cells with suspected roles in vasoactive peptide generation, extracellular matrix degradation, and regulation of gland secretion.
Tissue specificityMast cells in lung, heart, skin and placenta. Expressed in both normal skin and in urticaria pigmentosa lesions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Granzyme subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Cytoplasmic granule. Mast cell granules.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-chymase antibody
- Chymase 1 antibody
- Chymase 1 mast cell antibody
Anti-Mast Cell Chymase antibody [EPR13136] - C-terminal (ab186417) at 1/10000 dilution + Human small intestine tissue lysate at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 27 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human colon tissue labeling Mast Cell Chymase with ab186417 at 1/500 dilution. Secondary staining with HRP Polymer for Rabbit IgG and counterstained with Hematoxylin.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab186417 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Jitmana R et al. Role of cardiac mast cells in exercise training-mediated cardiac remodeling in angiotensin II-infused ovariectomized rats. Life Sci 219:209-218 (2019). PubMed: 30658099
- Ud-Din S et al. A Double-Blind, Randomized Trial Shows the Role of Zonal Priming and Direct Topical Application of Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate in the Modulation of Cutaneous Scarring in Human Skin. J Invest Dermatol 139:1680-1690.e16 (2019). PubMed: 30822414
- Bahri R et al. Mast cell activation test in the diagnosis of allergic disease and anaphylaxis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 142:485-496.e16 (2018). PubMed: 29518421
- Akyol GY et al. IVIG activates Fc?RIIB-SHIP1-PIP3 Pathway to stabilize mast cells and suppress inflammation after ICH in mice. Sci Rep 7:15583 (2017). PubMed: 29138419
- Sun N et al. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitor (ACEI)-Mediated Amelioration in Renal Fibrosis Involves Suppression of Mast Cell Degranulation. Kidney Blood Press Res 41:108-18 (2016). PubMed: 26881856