Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MATH2/NEUROD6
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MATH2/NEUROD6 antibody
See all MATH2/NEUROD6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MATH2/NEUROD6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MATH2/NEUROD6 aa 300 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human MATH2/NEUROD6 protein
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following tissue lysates: Human brain; Mouse brain; Rat brain, as well as the following whole cell lysates: PC12; U87mg; U373 MG Nuclear. ICC/IF: U-87 MG cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85824 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionActivates E box-dependent transcription in collaboration with TCF3/E47. May be a trans-acting factor involved in the development and maintenance of the mammalian nervous system. Transactivates the promoter of its own gene.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Atoh 2 antibody
- Atoh2 antibody
- Atonal homolog 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MATH2/NEUROD6 antibody (ab85824) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : U-87 MG (Human glioblastoma astrocytoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 6 : U373 MG (Human glioblastoma-astrocytoma, epithelial-like cell line) Nuclear Lysate (ab14902)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 120 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 16 minutes
ab85824 staining MATH2/NEUROD6 in U-87 MG cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab85824 at 5µg/ml and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control) used at a 1/1000 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150081, Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed, (pseudo-colored green) and ab150120, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) preadsorbed, (colored red), both used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1hour at room temperature.
ab85824 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Komura H et al. Alzheimer Aß Assemblies Accumulate in Excitatory Neurons upon Proteasome Inhibition and Kill Nearby NAKa3 Neurons by Secretion. iScience 13:452-477 (2019). PubMed: 30827871
- Luna E et al. Differential a-synuclein expression contributes to selective vulnerability of hippocampal neuron subpopulations to fibril-induced toxicity. Acta Neuropathol 135:855-875 (2018). PubMed: 29502200
- Sullivan CS et al. Perineuronal Net Protein Neurocan Inhibits NCAM/EphA3 Repellent Signaling in GABAergic Interneurons. Sci Rep 8:6143 (2018). PubMed: 29670169
- Tachibana N et al. Pten Regulates Retinal Amacrine Cell Number by Modulating Akt, Tgfß, and Erk Signaling. J Neurosci 36:9454-71 (2016). PubMed: 27605619
- Klisch TJ et al. In vivo Atoh1 targetome reveals how a proneural transcription factor regulates cerebellar development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3288-93 (2011). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 21300888