Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Matrin 3
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Matrin 3 antibody
See all Matrin 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Matrin 3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Xenopus laevis
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Platypus
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 475 and 500 of human Matrin 3 (NP_061322.2)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab70336 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to Matrin 3 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70336 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/5000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionMay play a role in transcription or may interact with other nuclear matrix proteins to form the internal fibrogranular network. In association with the SFPQ-NONO heteromer may play a role in nuclear retention of defective RNAs.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MATR3 are the cause of myopathy distal type 2 (MPD2) [MIM:606070]; also called vocal cord and pharyngeal dysfunction with distal myopathy (VCPDM). MPD2 is a muscular disorder characterized by distal weakness, with onset in hands and feet, associated with vocal cord and pharyngeal weakness causing a nasal voice and swallowing disorders.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 matrin-type zinc finger.
Contains 2 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
Cellular localizationNucleus matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- ALS21 antibody
- KIAA0723 antibody
- Matr3 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human laryengeal squamous cell carcinoma (left) and mouse squamous cell carcinoma (right) tissues labelling Matrin 3 with ab70336 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
Detection of Human Matrin 3 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate. Lane 1: HeLa whole cell lysates immunoprecipitated using ab70336 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 1/4 of IP loaded/lane). Lane 2: an irrelevant antibody was used for immunoprecipitation. All lanes: ab70336 at 3µg/ml. Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 3 seconds.
ab70336 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Boehringer A et al. ALS Associated Mutations in Matrin 3 Alter Protein-Protein Interactions and Impede mRNA Nuclear Export. Sci Rep 7:14529 (2017). PubMed: 29109432
- Li Y et al. Immunoprecipitation and mass spectrometry defines an extensive RBM45 protein-protein interaction network. Brain Res 1647:79-93 (2016). PubMed: 26979993
- Quintero-Rivera F et al. MATR3 disruption in human and mouse associated with bicuspid aortic valve, aortic coarctation and patent ductus arteriosus. Hum Mol Genet 24:2375-89 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25574029
- Kula A et al. Characterization of the HIV-1 RNA associated proteome identifies Matrin 3 as a nuclear cofactor of Rev function. Retrovirology 8:60 (2011). IP ; Human . PubMed: 21771346