Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Matriptase 2 - Cytoplasmic domain
- Suitable for: IP, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Matriptase 2 antibody - Cytoplasmic domain
See all Matriptase 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Matriptase 2 - Cytoplasmic domain
Specificityab56180 reacts with Matripase 2 (TMPRSS6) and does not react with the other TMPRSSs. ab56180 recognizes all of the listed forms of Matripase 2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide based on the aminoterminal end (cytoplasmic domain) of Matripase 2 (Human).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 2.9% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab56180 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 89 kDa.|
FunctionSerine protease which hydrolyzes a range of proteins including type I collagen, fibronectin and fibrinogen. Can also activate urokinase-type plasminogen activator with low efficiency. May play a specialized role in matrix remodeling processes in liver. Required to sense iron deficiency. Overexpression suppresses activation of the HAMP promoter.
Tissue specificityLiver specific.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TMPRSS6 are the cause of iron-refractory iron deficiency anemia (IRIDA) [MIM:206200]; also known as hypochromic microcytic anemia with defect in iron metabolism or hereditary iron-handling disorder or pseudo-iron-deficiency anemia. Key features include congenital hypochromic microcytic anemia, very low mean corpuscular erythrocyte volume, low transferrin saturation, abnormal iron absorption characterized by no hematologic improvement following treatment with oral iron, and abnormal iron utilization characterized by a sluggish, incomplete response to parenteral iron.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 2 CUB domains.
Contains 3 LDL-receptor class A domains.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
DomainCytoplasmic domain mediates HAMP suppression via proximal promoter element(s).
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- IRIDA antibody
- Matriptase-2 antibody
- Membrane bound mosaic serine proteinase matriptase 2 antibody
ab56180 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Lamothe SM et al. The Human Ether-a-go-go-related Gene (hERG) Potassium Channel Represents an Unusual Target for Protease-mediated Damage. J Biol Chem 291:20387-401 (2016). PubMed: 27502273
- Foka P et al. A complex signaling network involving protein kinase CK2 is required for hepatitis C virus core protein-mediated modulation of the iron-regulatory hepcidin gene expression. Cell Mol Life Sci N/A:N/A (2014). WB . PubMed: 24718935
- Lakhal S et al. Regulation of Type II Transmembrane Serine Proteinase TMPRSS6 by Hypoxia-inducible Factors: NEW LINK BETWEEN HYPOXIA SIGNALING AND IRON HOMEOSTASIS. J Biol Chem 286:4090-7 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20966077