Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MBD1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MBD1 antibody
See all MBD1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MBD1
SpecificityThis antibody detects human methyl CpG binding domain protein 1 (MBD1) recombinant protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2846 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 83 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).Can be blocked with MBD1 peptide (ab4918).|
FunctionTranscriptional repressor that binds CpG islands in promoters where the DNA is methylated at position 5 of cytosine within CpG dinucleotides. Binding is abolished by the presence of 7-mG that is produced by DNA damage by methylmethanesulfonate (MMS). Acts as transcriptional repressor and plays a role in gene silencing by recruiting AFT7IP, which in turn recruits factors such as the histone methyltransferase SETDB1. Probably forms a complex with SETDB1 and ATF7IP that represses transcription and couples DNA methylation and histone 'Lys-9' trimethylation. Isoform 1 and isoform 2 can also repress transcription from unmethylated promoters.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 CXXC-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 MBD (methyl-CpG-binding) domain.
DomainThe methyl-CpG-binding domain (MBD) functions both in binding to methylated DNA and in protein interactions.
The third CXXC-type zinc finger mediates binding to non-methylated CpG dinucleotides.
The transcriptional repression domain (TRD) is involved in transcription repression and in protein interactions.
modificationsSumoylated with SUMO1 by PIAS1 and PIAS3. Sumoylation affects transcriptional silencing by preventing the interaction with SETDB1. In contrast, sumoylation may increase interaction with AFT7IP.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationNucleus speckle. Chromosome. Nuclear, in a punctate pattern. Associated with euchromatic regions of the chromosomes, with pericentromeric regions on chromosome 1 and with telomeric regions from several chromosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- CXXC 3 antibody
- CXXC-type zinc finger protein 3 antibody
- CXXC3 antibody
ab2846 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- K N H et al. Sex-Based Mhrt Methylation Chromatinizes MeCP2 in the Heart. iScience 17:288-301 (2019). PubMed: 31323475
- Takeda Y et al. Epigenetic Regulation of Aldosterone Synthase Gene by Sodium and Angiotensin II. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29739797
- Laget S et al. MBD4 cooperates with DNMT1 to mediate methyl-DNA repression and protects mammalian cells from oxidative stress. Epigenetics 9:546-56 (2014). PubMed: 24434851
- Katryniok C et al. Role of DNA methylation and methyl-DNA binding proteins in the repression of 5-lipoxygenase promoter activity. Biochim Biophys Acta 1801:49-57 (2010). WB, ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 19781662
- Müller I et al. Promoter- and cell-specific epigenetic regulation of CD44, Cyclin D2, GLIPR1 and PTEN by methyl-CpG binding proteins and histone modifications. BMC Cancer 10:297 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20565761
- Auriol E et al. Specific binding of the methyl binding domain protein 2 at the BRCA1-NBR2 locus. Nucleic Acids Res 33:4243-54 (2005). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 16052033