Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [106B691] to MBD2 + MBD3
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-MBD2 + MBD3 antibody [106B691]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [106B691] to MBD2 + MBD3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
- HeLa cells (nuclear fraction).
The theoretical molecular weight of human MBD2 (411 amino acids) is 45 kD and human MBD3 (291 amino acids) is 33 kD.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Primary antibody notesThe theoretical molecular weight of human MBD2 (411 amino acids) is 45 kD and human MBD3 (291 amino acids) is 33 kD.
Light chain typekappa
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45027 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 33, 45 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceDNA methylation, or the addition of methyl groups to cytosine bases in the dinucleotide CpG, is imperative to proper development and regulates gene expression. The methylation pattern involves the enzymatic processes of methylation and demethylation. The demethylation enzyme was recently found to be a mammalian protein, which exhibits demethylase activity associated to a methyl-CpG-binding domain (MBD). The enzyme is able to revert methylated cytosine bases to cytosines within the particular dinucleotide sequence mdCpdG by catalyzing the cleaving of the methyl group as methanol. MeCP2 and MBD1 (PCM1) are first found to repress transcription by binding specifically to methylated DNA. MBD2 and MBD4 (also known as MED1) were later found to colocalize with foci of heavily methylated satellite DNA and believed to mediate the biological functions of the methylation signal. Surprisingly, MBD3 does not bind methylated DNA both in vivo and in vitro. MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, and MBD4 are found to be expressed in somatic tissues, but the expression of MBD1 and MBD2 is reduced or absent in embryonic stem cells, which are known to be deficient in MeCP1 activity. MBD4 have homology to bacterial base excision repair DNA N-glycosylases/lyases. In some microsatellite unstable tumors MBD4 is mutated at an exonic polynucleotide tract.
- Demethylase antibody
- DMTase antibody
- MBD 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MBD2 + MBD3 antibody [106B691] (ab45027) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate (nuclear fraction) without immunising peptide
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate (nuclear fraction) with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 33, 45 kDa
Observed band size: 33,45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 160 kDa, 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab45027 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab45027, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab45027 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Kraushaar DC et al. The gene repressor complex NuRD interacts with the histone variant H3.3 at promoters of active genes. Genome Res 28:1646-1655 (2018). PubMed: 30254051
- Xu M et al. MeCP2 suppresses LIN28A expression via binding to its methylated-CpG islands in pancreatic cancer cells. Oncotarget 7:14476-85 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26910839
- Gómez-Del Arco P et al. The Chromatin Remodeling Complex Chd4/NuRD Controls Striated Muscle Identity and Metabolic Homeostasis. Cell Metab 23:881-92 (2016). PubMed: 27166947
- Teperek M et al. Sperm and spermatids contain different proteins and bind distinct egg factors. Int J Mol Sci 15:16719-40 (2014). WB ; Frog . PubMed: 25244019
- Kim JY et al. Specificity in circadian clock feedback from targeted reconstitution of the NuRD corepressor. Mol Cell 56:738-48 (2014). PubMed: 25453762
- Zhu D et al. Overexpression of MBD2 in glioblastoma maintains epigenetic silencing and inhibits the antiangiogenic function of the tumor suppressor gene BAI1. Cancer Res 71:5859-70 (2011). PubMed: 21724586
- Mastroeni D et al. Epigenetic changes in Alzheimer's disease: decrements in DNA methylation. Neurobiol Aging 31:2025-37 (2010). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 19117641
- Mastroeni D et al. Epigenetic differences in cortical neurons from a pair of monozygotic twins discordant for Alzheimer's disease. PLoS One 4:e6617 (2009). IHC-FoFr ; Human . PubMed: 19672297
- Thatcher KN et al. Homologous pairing of 15q11-13 imprinted domains in brain is developmentally regulated but deficient in Rett and autism samples. Hum Mol Genet 14:785-97 (2005). PubMed: 15689352
- Balmer D et al. MECP2 mutations in Rett syndrome adversely affect lymphocyte growth, but do not affect imprinted gene expression in blood or brain. Hum Genet 110:545-52 (2002). PubMed: 12107440