Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MC4-R
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MC4-R antibody
See all MC4-R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MC4-R
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
This antibody mainly detects an unglycosylated protein at 37kDa and a glycosylated protein at 55kDa.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody mainly detects an unglycosylated protein at 37kDa and a glycosylated protein at 55kDa.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24233 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa).Can be blocked with Mouse MC4-R peptide (ab78212). A larger band is also detected at 55 kDa. This most likely represents the glycosylated form of the protein.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor specific to the heptapeptide core common to adrenocorticotropic hormone and alpha-, beta-, and gamma-MSH. This receptor is mediated by G proteins that stimulate adenylate cyclase.
Tissue specificityBrain, placental, and gut tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MC4R are a cause of obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- MC4 Receptor antibody
- MC4-R antibody
- MC4R antibody
All lanes : Anti-MC4-R antibody (ab24233)
Lane 1 : Human cerebella cortex pellet.
Lane 2 : Human hippocampus homogenate.
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
Additional bands at: 55 kDa (possible glycosylated form)
Immunoperoxidase staining of rat brain section with ab24233. Note the tadpole like staining of cortex neurons.
ab24233 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Maisto R et al. ARPE-19-derived VEGF-containing exosomes promote neovascularization in HUVEC: the role of the melanocortin receptor 5. Cell Cycle 18:413-424 (2019). PubMed: 30739530
- Ma Q et al. Xiaoyaosan Ameliorates Chronic Immobilization Stress-Induced Depression-Like Behaviors and Anorexia in Rats: The Role of the Nesfatin-1-Oxytocin-Proopiomelanocortin Neural Pathway in the Hypothalamus. Front Psychiatry 10:910 (2019). PubMed: 31920757
- Zhang M et al. Melanocortin Receptor 4 Signaling Regulates Vertebrate Limb Regeneration. Dev Cell 46:397-409.e5 (2018). PubMed: 30130530
- Semple E & Hill JW Sim1 Neurons Are Sufficient for MC4R-Mediated Sexual Function in Male Mice. Endocrinology 159:439-449 (2018). PubMed: 29059347
- Peter JC et al. A pharmacologically active monoclonal antibody against the human melanocortin-4 receptor: effectiveness after peripheral and central administration. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 333:478-90 (2010). WB, IP ; Human . PubMed: 20118207