Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MCAF1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MCAF1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCAF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Horse, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 25 and 100 of Human MCAF1 (AAQ92978.1).
- Human small cell lung cancer. Mouse squamous cell carcinoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84497 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceMCAF1 is a recruiter that couples transcriptional factors to general transcription apparatus and thereby modulates transcription regulation and chromatin formation. It can act both as an activator or a repressor depending on the context. It mediates MBD1-dependent transcriptional repression, probably by recruiting complexes containing SETDB1. MCAF1 is required to stimulate histone methyltransferase activity of SETDB1 and facilitate the conversion of dimethylated to trimethylated H3 'Lys-9'. The complex formed with MBD1 and SETDB1 represses transcription and couples DNA methylation and histone 'Lys-9' trimethylation.
- Activating transcription factor 7 interacting protein 1 antibody
- ATF interacting protein antibody
- ATF IP antibody
ab84497, at 1/250 dilution, staining MCAF1 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human small cell lung cancer by Immunohistochemistry, using DAB staining.
ab84497, at 1/250 dilution, staining MCAF1 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded mouse squamous cell carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, using DAB staining.
ab84497 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Tsusaka T et al. Tri-methylation of ATF7IP by G9a/GLP recruits the chromodomain protein MPP8. Epigenetics Chromatin 11:56 (2018). PubMed: 30286792
- Minkovsky A et al. The Mbd1-Atf7ip-Setdb1 pathway contributes to the maintenance of X chromosome inactivation. Epigenetics Chromatin 7:12 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 25028596