Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to mCherry
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-mCherry antibody
See all mCherry primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to mCherry
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to mCherry.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.065% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab167453 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevancemCherry is derived from proteins originally isolated from Cnidarians (jelly fish, sea anemones and corals), and is used as a fluorescent tracer in trasfection and transgenic experiments. The prototype for these fluorescent proteins is Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP), which is a ~27kDa protein isolated originally from the jellyfish Aequoria victoria. The mCherry protein is derived from DsRed, a red fluorescent protein related to GFP isolated from so-called disc corals of the genus Discosoma.
Immunofluorescent analysis of HEK293 cells transfected with pFin- EF1-mCherry vector labeling mCherry with ab167453 at 1/500 (red). Green antibody staining is only seen in cells which express mCherry, as expected, and the superimposition of the green and red signals results in an orange signal. Blue DNA stain.
All lanes : Anti-mCherry antibody (ab167453) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 :
cells transfected with pFin-
Lane 2 :
ab167453 has been referenced in 204 publications.
- Tambalo M et al. Enhancer activation by FGF signalling during otic induction. Dev Biol 457:69-82 (2020). PubMed: 31539539
- Bodrug T et al. The kinesin-5 tail domain directly modulates the mechanochemical cycle of the motor domain for anti-parallel microtubule sliding. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31958056
- Corbet C et al. TGFß2-induced formation of lipid droplets supports acidosis-driven EMT and the metastatic spreading of cancer cells. Nat Commun 11:454 (2020). PubMed: 31974393
- Nowacka A et al. PSD-95 Serine 73 phosphorylation is not required for induction of NMDA-LTD. Sci Rep 10:2054 (2020). PubMed: 32029829
- Le Guennec M et al. A helical inner scaffold provides a structural basis for centriole cohesion. Sci Adv 6:eaaz4137 (2020). PubMed: 32110738