Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to mCherry
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-mCherry antibody
See all mCherry primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to mCherry
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to mCherry.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.065% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab167453 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevancemCherry is derived from proteins originally isolated from Cnidarians (jelly fish, sea anemones and corals), and is used as a fluorescent tracer in trasfection and transgenic experiments. The prototype for these fluorescent proteins is Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP), which is a ~27kDa protein isolated originally from the jellyfish Aequoria victoria. The mCherry protein is derived from DsRed, a red fluorescent protein related to GFP isolated from so-called disc corals of the genus Discosoma.
Immunofluorescent analysis of HEK293 cells transfected with pFin- EF1-mCherry vector labeling mCherry with ab167453 at 1/500 (red). Green antibody staining is only seen in cells which express mCherry, as expected, and the superimposition of the green and red signals results in an orange signal. Blue DNA stain.
All lanes : Anti-mCherry antibody (ab167453) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 :
cells transfected with pFin-
Lane 2 :
ab167453 has been referenced in 278 publications.
- Lattao R et al. Mauve/LYST limits fusion of lysosome-related organelles and promotes centrosomal recruitment of microtubule nucleating proteins. Dev Cell N/A:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33725482
- Joshi BS & Zuhorn IS Heparan sulfate proteoglycan-mediated dynamin-dependent transport of neural stem cell exosomes in an in vitro blood-brain barrier model. Eur J Neurosci 53:706-719 (2021). PubMed: 32939863
- Liu H et al. Blunted diurnal firing in lateral habenula projections to dorsal raphe nucleus and delayed photoentrainment in stress-susceptible mice. PLoS Biol 19:e3000709 (2021). PubMed: 33690628
- Yu SH et al. Lysosomal cholesterol accumulation contributes to the movement phenotypes associated with NUS1 haploinsufficiency. Genet Med 23:1305-1314 (2021). PubMed: 33731878
- Balestra AC et al. Ca2+ signals critical for egress and gametogenesis in malaria parasites depend on a multipass membrane protein that interacts with PKG. Sci Adv 7:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33762339