Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MCM3
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Chicken, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MCM3 antibody
See all MCM3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCM3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Horse, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide (Human) - 38 amino acids which represent a portion of human MCM 3 encoded in part by exons 10 and 11.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4460 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 105 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/5000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for DNA replication and cell proliferation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- Cervical cancer proto oncogene 5 antibody
- DNA polymerase alpha holoenzyme associated P1 antibody
- DNA polymerase alpha holoenzyme associated protein P1 antibody
WB using ab4460. Western blot analysis of ab4460 on HeLa OHIO extract.
ICC/IF image of ab4460 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab4460, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab4460 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Prikrylova T et al. 5-hydroxymethylcytosine Marks Mammalian Origins Acting as a Barrier to Replication. Sci Rep 9:11065 (2019). PubMed: 31363131
- Yang Q et al. Minichromosome maintenance 3 promotes hepatocellular carcinoma radioresistance by activating the NF-?B pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:263 (2019). PubMed: 31208444
- Zhang Y et al. Histone H3K27 methylation modulates the dynamics of FANCD2 on chromatin to facilitate NHEJ and genome stability. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29760279
- Charrasse S et al. Ensa controls S-phase length by modulating Treslin levels. Nat Commun 8:206 (2017). PubMed: 28785014
- Zhou Y et al. Role of WDHD1 in Human Papillomavirus-Mediated Oncogenesis Identified by Transcriptional Profiling of E7-Expressing Cells. J Virol 90:6071-84 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27099318