Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MCP1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, Neutralising, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MCP1 antibody
See all MCP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCP1
Specificityab25124 reacts with both rat MCP1 and its mouse homolog JE.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, Neutralising, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
- This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Rat Kidney.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25124 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Used at a dulition of 1/100 for 30 min on rat primary mixed cortical cells (see Abreview for further information).
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa.|
FunctionChemotactic factor that attracts monocytes and basophils but not neutrophils or eosinophils. Augments monocyte anti-tumor activity. Has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diseases characterized by monocytic infiltrates, like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis or atherosclerosis. May be involved in the recruitment of monocytes into the arterial wall during the disease process of atherosclerosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsProcessing at the N-terminus can regulate receptor and target cell selectivity. Deletion of the N-terminal residue converts it from an activator of basophil to an eosinophil chemoattractant.
- Information by UniProt
- C-C motif chemokine 2 antibody
- CCL2 antibody
- CCL2_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-MCP1 antibody (ab25124) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 40ug whole rat spinal cord protein lysate
Lane 2 : 40ug whole mouse spinal cord protein lysate
Lane 3 : Naive Rat
Lane 4 : Sham 1
Lane 5 : Sham 2
Lane 6 : Injured 1
Lane 7 : Injured 2
Lane 8 : Injured 3
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit HRP
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time: 2 minutes
This image is courtesy of an Abreview by Nancy Nutile-McMenemy submitted on 7 December 2005.
ab25124 has been referenced in 90 publications.
- Bloomer SA et al. Aging results in accumulation of M1 and M2 hepatic macrophages and a differential response to gadolinium chloride. Histochem Cell Biol 153:37-48 (2020). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 31691025
- Wei S et al. Differences in the Structure and Protein Expression of Femoral Nerve Branches in Rats. Front Neuroanat 14:16 (2020). PubMed: 32322192
- Yang HC et al. C-C chemokine receptor type 2-overexpressing exosomes alleviated experimental post-stroke cognitive impairment by enhancing microglia/macrophage M2 polarization. World J Stem Cells 12:152-167 (2020). PubMed: 32184939
- Burkovetskaya ME et al. Cocaine self-administration differentially activates microglia in the mouse brain. Neurosci Lett 728:134951 (2020). PubMed: 32278944
- Permyakova A et al. A Novel Indoline Derivative Ameliorates Diabesity-Induced Chronic Kidney Disease by Reducing Metabolic Abnormalities. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 11:91 (2020). PubMed: 32218769