Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MCP1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MCP1 antibody
See all MCP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MCP1 aa 50 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Human Whole Cell Lysates: HCT 116, HeLa
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73680 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionChemotactic factor that attracts monocytes and basophils but not neutrophils or eosinophils. Augments monocyte anti-tumor activity. Has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diseases characterized by monocytic infiltrates, like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis or atherosclerosis. May be involved in the recruitment of monocytes into the arterial wall during the disease process of atherosclerosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsProcessing at the N-terminus can regulate receptor and target cell selectivity. Deletion of the N-terminal residue converts it from an activator of basophil to an eosinophil chemoattractant.
- Information by UniProt
- C-C motif chemokine 2 antibody
- CCL2 antibody
- CCL2_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-MCP1 antibody (ab73680) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HCT 116 (Human Colorectal Carcinoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 11 kDa
Observed band size: 17 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 125 kDa, 50 kDa (possible glycosylated form), 80 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
The expression profile observed is consistent with what has been described in the literature (e.g. PMID 12957789). We believe the 50kDa band is a glycosylated form of Human MCP1.
ab73680, at a 1/250 dilution, staining human MCP1 in adrenal gland tissue by Immunohistochemistry, Formalin fixed Paraffin embedded tissue.
Immunohistochemical analysis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma tissue, staining MCP1 with ab73680.
Antigen retrieval was performed by heat mediation in citrate buffer (pH 6.0). Tissue was blocked with 1% BSA for 10 min. The samples incubated overnight with primary antibody (1/40). Staining was detected using DAB. Sections were counterstained with hematoxylin.
ab73680 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Tan X et al. Induction of SPARC on Oxidative Stress, Inflammatory Phenotype Transformation, and Apoptosis of Human Brain Smooth Muscle Cells Via TGF-ß1-NOX4 Pathway. J Mol Neurosci N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32495004
- Kobayashi K et al. Role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in liver fibrosis with transient myeloproliferative disorder in down syndrome. Hepatol Commun 2:230-236 (2018). PubMed: 29507898
- Zabini D et al. Comprehensive analysis of inflammatory markers in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension patients. Eur Respir J 44:951-62 (2014). IHC . PubMed: 25034560
- Tjomsland V et al. The desmoplastic stroma plays an essential role in the accumulation and modulation of infiltrated immune cells in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Clin Dev Immunol 2011:212810 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22190968