Product nameAnti-MD2 antibody [18H10] (Biotin)
See all MD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [18H10] to MD2 (Biotin)
Specificityab155580 does not react with sMD2. In addition, the monoclonal antibody 18H10 is able to inhibit bacterial binding to MD2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
TLR4/MD2 expressing CHO cells/ chimeric TLR4/MD2 fusion protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab155580 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab18418 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCooperates with TLR4 in the innate immune response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS), and with TLR2 in the response to cell wall components from Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. Enhances TLR4-dependent activation of NF-kappa-B. Cells expressing both MD2 and TLR4, but not TLR4 alone, respond to LPS.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
- ESOP 1 antibody
- ESOP-1 antibody
- ESOP1 antibody
ab155580 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Kluth O et al. Decreased Expression of Cilia Genes in Pancreatic Islets as a Risk Factor for Type 2 Diabetes in Mice and Humans. Cell Rep 26:3027-3036.e3 (2019). PubMed: 30865891
- Sullivan B et al. On the nature of the Cu-rich aggregates in brain astrocytes. Redox Biol 11:231-239 (2017). PubMed: 28012438
- Wilkinson RD et al. A bioavailable cathepsin S nitrile inhibitor abrogates tumor development. Mol Cancer 15:29 (2016). PubMed: 27097645
- Li J et al. Loss of PTPN12 Stimulates Progression of ErbB2-Dependent Breast Cancer by Enhancing Cell Survival, Migration, and Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition. Mol Cell Biol 35:4069-82 (2015). PubMed: 26391955
- Gibson EM et al. Neuronal activity promotes oligodendrogenesis and adaptive myelination in the mammalian brain. Science 344:1252304 (2014). PubMed: 24727982
- Järvinen E et al. Timing of the cell cycle exit of differentiating hippocampal neural stem cells. Int J Stem Cells 3:46-53 (2010). PubMed: 24855540
- Tissières P et al. Soluble MD-2 is an acute-phase protein and an opsonin for Gram-negative bacteria. Blood 111:2122-31 (2008). PubMed: 18056837
- Daubeuf B et al. TLR4/MD-2 monoclonal antibody therapy affords protection in experimental models of septic shock. J Immunol 179:6107-14 (2007). PubMed: 17947685
- Elson G et al. Contribution of Toll-like receptors to the innate immune response to Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria. Blood 109:1574-83 (2007). PubMed: 17038528
- Pugin J et al. Soluble MD-2 activity in plasma from patients with severe sepsis and septic shock. Blood 104:4071-9 (2004). PubMed: 15328161