Key features and details
- Assay type: Competitive
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Lysate
Product nameMDA Assay Kit (competitive ELISA)
See all Lipid Peroxidation kits
Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Cell Lysate, Tissue Lysate
Species reactivityReacts with: Vertebrata
MDA Assay Kit (competitive ELISA) (ab238537) is designed for the rapid detection and quantitation of Malondialdehyde (MDA)-protein adducts.
MDA is a widely accepted marker for oxidative stress. This kit will allow the quantitation of MDA adduct in protein samples determined by comparing its absorbance with that of a known MDA-BSA standard curve.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 96 tests 100X Conjugate Diluent 1 x 300µl 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 100ml Anti-MDA Antibody (1000X) 1 x 10µl Assay Diluent 1 x 50ml MDA Conjugate 1 x 20µl MDA-BSA Standard 1 x 50µl Protein Binding Strip Well Plate 1 unit Secondary Antibody, HRP Conjugate (1000X) 1 x 20µl Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Substrate Solution 1 x 12ml
RelevanceLipid peroxidation refers to the oxidative degradation of lipids and is a well-defined mechanism of cellular damage. The formation of lipid peroxidation products leads to spread of free radical reactions leading to cell damage.
ab238537 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Jiao Y et al. Protective effects of hydrogen-rich saline against experimental diabetic peripheral neuropathy via activation of the mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channel channels in rats. Mol Med Rep 21:282-290 (2020). PubMed: 31746358
- Zhou H et al. Chidamide Inhibits Glioma Cells by Increasing Oxidative Stress via the miRNA-338-5p Regulation of Hedgehog Signaling. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:7126976 (2020). PubMed: 32256960
- Shi Y et al. MiR-499 inhibited hypoxia/reoxygenation induced cardiomyocytes injury by targeting SOX6. Biotechnol Lett 41:837-847 (2019). PubMed: 31076992