Product nameAnti-MDH2 antibody [EPR14883(B)]
See all MDH2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR14883(B)] to MDH2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human MDH2 aa 200-300. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P40926
- K562, HepG2, and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035); Human hepatocellular carcinoma tissue; HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181857 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LDH/MDH superfamily. MDH type 1 family.
modificationsAcetylation is enhanced by up to 67% after treatment either with trichostin A (TSA) or with nicotinamide (NAM) with the appearance of tri-and tetraacetylations. Glucose also increases acetylation by about 60%.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- M MDH antibody
- Malate dehydrogenase 2, NAD (mitochondrial) antibody
- Malate dehydrogenase antibody
All lanes : Anti-MDH2 antibody [EPR14883(B)] (ab181857) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugate at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of 2% paraformaldehyde-fixed HeLa cells labeling MDH2 with ab181857 at 1/10 dilution (red) compared to a Rabbit IgG monoclonal isotype control (green), followed by Goat anti rabbit IgG (FITC) secondary antibody at 1/150 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human hepatocellular carcinoma tissue labeling MDH2 with ab181857 at 1/50 dilution, followed by prediluted HRP Polymer for Rabbit IgG. Counter stained with Hematoxylin.
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang P et al. iTRAQ-based differential proteomic analysis of the brains in a rat model of delayedcarbon monoxide encephalopathy. Brain Res Bull 137:329-337 (2018). IHC-P . Read more (PubMed: 29355713) »
- Zhuang Y et al. MDH2 Stimulated by Estrogen-GPR30 Pathway Down-Regulated PTEN Expression Promoting the Proliferation and Invasion of Cells in Endometrial Cancer. Transl Oncol 10:203-210 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28189066) »