Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3E1] to Measles nucleoprotein
- Suitable for: WB, Indirect ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Measles nucleoprotein antibody [3E1]
See all Measles nucleoprotein primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3E1] to Measles nucleoprotein
SpecificityReacts with measles NP. Does not cross-react with mumps NP. Recognises both native and recombinant yeast-derived measles NP.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Indirect ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Recombinant full length protein.
- recombinant measles NP
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 28/11/2017. Lot numbers higher than GR210126-1 will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9397 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000.|
|Indirect ELISA||1/1000 - 1/10000.|
RelevanceInvolved in the encapsidating of the genome in a ratio of 1 N per 6 ribonucleotides, resulting in the protection from nucleases. The nucleocapsid (NC) has an helical structure with either 12.35 or 11.64 N per turn, approximately 20nm in diameter, with a hollow central cavity approximately 5nm in diameter. The encapsidated genomic RNA is termed the NC and serves as template for transcription and replication. During replication, encapsidation by N is coupled to RNA synthesis and all replicative products are resistant to nucleases. N is released in the blood following lysis of measles infected cells, it interacts then with human FCGR2B on immune cells, inducing apoptosis and blocking inflammatory immune response. Ntail binds to a protein on human thymic epithelial cells, termed Nucleoprotein Receptor (NR), inducing growth arrest
Cellular localizationVirion. Host cytoplasm.
- Measles nucleocapsid protein antibody
- N antibody
- NP antibody
- Nucleocapsid protein antibody
Immunoblot of measles NP using monoclonal antibody 3E1.Immunoblot of measles NP using monoclonal antibody 3E1. Antibody 3E1 at a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Lane 1 - prestained marker proteins lane 2 - recombinant measles NP.
Antibody 3E1 at a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.
Lane 1 - prestained marker proteins
lane 2 - recombinant measles NP.
ab9397 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Sun Q et al. TBK1 mediates critical effects of measles virus nucleocapsid protein (MVNP) on pagetic osteoclast formation. J Bone Miner Res 29:90-102 (2014). PubMed: 23794264
- Davis ME et al. Antagonism of the phosphatase PP1 by the measles virus V protein is required for innate immune escape of MDA5. Cell Host Microbe 16:19-30 (2014). WB . PubMed: 25011105
- Wang FM et al. Measles virus nucleocapsid protein, a key contributor to Paget's disease, increases IL-6 expression via down-regulation of FoxO3/Sirt1 signaling. Bone 53:269-76 (2013). PubMed: 23262029
- Ito M et al. Measles virus nonstructural C protein modulates viral RNA polymerase activity by interacting with host protein SHCBP1. J Virol 87:9633-42 (2013). PubMed: 23804634
- Sharma LB et al. Contribution of matrix, fusion, hemagglutinin, and large protein genes of the CAM-70 measles virus vaccine strain to efficient growth in chicken embryonic fibroblasts. J Virol 83:11645-54 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19726516