Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Measles nucleoprotein
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Measles nucleoprotein antibody
See all Measles nucleoprotein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Measles nucleoprotein
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Recombinant full length protein.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
RelevanceInvolved in the encapsidating of the genome in a ratio of 1 N per 6 ribonucleotides, resulting in the protection from nucleases. The nucleocapsid (NC) has an helical structure with either 12.35 or 11.64 N per turn, approximately 20nm in diameter, with a hollow central cavity approximately 5nm in diameter. The encapsidated genomic RNA is termed the NC and serves as template for transcription and replication. During replication, encapsidation by N is coupled to RNA synthesis and all replicative products are resistant to nucleases. N is released in the blood following lysis of measles infected cells, it interacts then with human FCGR2B on immune cells, inducing apoptosis and blocking inflammatory immune response. Ntail binds to a protein on human thymic epithelial cells, termed Nucleoprotein Receptor (NR), inducing growth arrest
Cellular localizationVirion. Host cytoplasm.
- Measles nucleocapsid protein antibody
- N antibody
- NP antibody
- Nucleocapsid protein antibody
ab23974 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Hanauer JRH et al. High-Affinity DARPin Allows Targeting of MeV to Glioblastoma Multiforme in Combination with Protease Targeting without Loss of Potency. Mol Ther Oncolytics 15:186-200 (2019). PubMed: 31788553
- Hanauer JR et al. Enhanced lysis by bispecific oncolytic measles viruses simultaneously using HER2/neu or EpCAM as target receptors. Mol Ther Oncolytics 3:16003 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27119117
- Stewart CE et al. Inhibitors of the interferon response enhance virus replication in vitro. PLoS One 9:e112014 (2014). PubMed: 25390891
- Noll M et al. Primary resistance phenomena to oncolytic measles vaccine viruses. Int J Oncol 43:103-12 (2013). PubMed: 23612727
- Berchtold S et al. Innate immune defense defines susceptibility of sarcoma cells to measles vaccine virus-based oncolysis. J Virol 87:3484-501 (2013). PubMed: 23302892
- Lampe J et al. An armed oncolytic measles vaccine virus eliminates human hepatoma cells independently of apoptosis. Gene Ther N/A:N/A (2013). WB . PubMed: 23719065
- Mühlebach MD et al. Liver cancer protease activity profiles support therapeutic options with matrix metalloproteinase-activatable oncolytic measles virus. Cancer Res 70:7620-9 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20858718
- Shi W et al. A filovirus-unique region of Ebola virus nucleoprotein confers aberrant migration and mediates its incorporation into virions. J Virol 82:6190-9 (2008). WB . PubMed: 18417588