Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MED12
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MED12 antibody
See all MED12 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MED12
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MED12 aa 2150-2177 (C terminal). Immunogen derived form sequence corresponding to amino acids 2150 - C-terminus.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.815% Tris, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70842 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 227 kDa.|
FunctionComponent of the Mediator complex, a coactivator involved in the regulated transcription of nearly all RNA polymerase II-dependent genes. Mediator functions as a bridge to convey information from gene-specific regulatory proteins to the basal RNA polymerase II transcription machinery. Mediator is recruited to promoters by direct interactions with regulatory proteins and serves as a scaffold for the assembly of a functional preinitiation complex with RNA polymerase II and the general transcription factors. This subunit may specifically regulate transcription of targets of the Wnt signaling pathway and SHH signaling pathway.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MED12 are the cause of Opitz-Kaveggia syndrome (OKS) [MIM:305450]; also known as FG syndrome type 1 (FGS1) or FG syndrome (FGS). OKS is an X-linked disorder characterized by mental retardation, relative macrocephaly, hypotonia and constipation.
Defects in MED12 are the cause of Lujan-Fryns syndrome (LUJFRYS) [MIM:309520]; also known as X-linked mental retardation with marfanoid habitus. Clinically, Lujan-Fryns syndrome can be distinguished from Opitz-Kaveggia syndrome by tall stature, hypernasal voice, hyperextensible digits and high nasal root.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Mediator complex subunit 12 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Activator recruited cofactor 240 kDa component antibody
- Activator-recruited cofactor 240 kDa component antibody
- ARC240 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MED12 antibody (ab70842) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Lane 5 : Whole cell lysate from NIH 3T3 cells at 50 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 227 kDa
Observed band size: 238 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human breast carcinoma tissue labelling MED12 with ab70842 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
Detection of Human MED12 by Immunoprecipitation using Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded), using ab70842 for IP at 3 µg/mg lysate. Subsequent WB detection was performed using ab70842 at 1 µg/ml.
ab70842 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Youn DY et al. The subunit assembly state of the Mediator complex is nutrient-regulated and is dysregulated in a genetic model of insulin resistance and obesity. J Biol Chem 294:9076-9083 (2019). PubMed: 31028171
- Xu M et al. MED12 exerts an emerging role in actin-mediated cytokinesis via LIMK2/cofilin pathway in NSCLC. Mol Cancer 18:93 (2019). PubMed: 31072327
- Tripathi S et al. Smad7:ß-catenin complex regulates myogenic gene transcription. Cell Death Dis 10:387 (2019). PubMed: 31097718
- Shishkova E et al. Global mapping of CARM1 substrates defines enzyme specificity and substrate recognition. Nat Commun 8:15571 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28537268
- Wang L et al. MED12 methylation by CARM1 sensitizes human breast cancer cells to chemotherapy drugs. Sci Adv 1:e1500463 (2015). ChIP . PubMed: 26601288
- Tsutsui T et al. Mediator complex recruits epigenetic regulators via its two cyclin-dependent kinase subunits to repress transcription of immune response genes. J Biol Chem 288:20955-65 (2013). PubMed: 23749998
- Chaturvedi CP et al. Maintenance of gene silencing by the coordinate action of the H3K9 methyltransferase G9a/KMT1C and the H3K4 demethylase Jarid1a/KDM5A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:18845-50 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23112189
- Tsutsui T et al. Identification of target genes for the CDK subunits of the Mediator complex. Genes Cells 16:1208-18 (2011). PubMed: 22117896