Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MED13/GCT
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MED13/GCT antibody
See all MED13/GCT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MED13/GCT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Gorilla
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MED13/GCT.
Database link: NP_005112.2
- HeLa and 293T whole cell lysates.
This product was previously labelled as MED13
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76923 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 240 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
RelevanceMED13 is a member of the mediator complex that can act as both a positive and negative regulator of transcription. The mediator complex interacts with RNA pol II and its associated proteins, the general transcription factors. Mediator proteins serve as a bridge connecting the activator and basal transcription machinery.
- 1110067M05Rik antibody
- Activator-recruited cofactor 250 kDa component antibody
- ARC250 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MED13/GCT antibody (ab76923) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 240 kDa
Observed band size: 300 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Detection of MED13/GCT by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
ab76923 at 1µg/ml staining MED13/GCT in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab76923 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab76923 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Tripathi S et al. Smad7:ß-catenin complex regulates myogenic gene transcription. Cell Death Dis 10:387 (2019). PubMed: 31097718
- Snijders Blok L et al. De novo mutations in MED13, a component of the Mediator complex, are associated with a novel neurodevelopmental disorder. Hum Genet N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29740699
- Vijayalingam S & Chinnadurai G Adenovirus L-E1A activates transcription through mediator complex-dependent recruitment of the super elongation complex. J Virol 87:3425-34 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23302885
- Fukuda A et al. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein R cooperates with mediator to facilitate transcription reinitiation on the c-Fos gene. PLoS One 8:e72496 (2013). PubMed: 23967313