Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2216C1a] to MED26
- Suitable for: WB, Dot blot
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-MED26 antibody [2216C1a]
See all MED26 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2216C1a] to MED26
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Dot blotmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human MED26.
- Recombinant MED26 fragment.
This product was previously labelled as CRSP7
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesab50619 was purified from culture supernatant of hybridoma cultured in a medium containing bovine IgG depleted (approximately 95%) fetal bovine serum. Sterile filtered through a 0.22 micrometer membrane.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Polymerase associated factors
- Pol II Transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50619 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionComponent of the Mediator complex, a coactivator involved in the regulated transcription of nearly all RNA polymerase II-dependent genes. Mediator functions as a bridge to convey information from gene-specific regulatory proteins to the basal RNA polymerase II transcription machinery. Mediator is recruited to promoters by direct interactions with regulatory proteins and serves as a scaffold for the assembly of a functional preinitiation complex with RNA polymerase II and the general transcription factors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Mediator complex subunit 26 family.
Contains 1 TFIIS N-terminal domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Activator recruited cofactor 70 kDa component antibody
- Activator-recruited cofactor 70 kDa component antibody
- ARC 70 antibody
Anti-MED26 antibody [2216C1a] (ab50619) + immunized recombinant MED26 fragment
Predicted band size: 65 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Note: actual size differs from predicted size as this blot was loaded with MED26 fragment.
ab50619 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Sato S et al. Role for the MED21-MED7 Hinge in Assembly of the Mediator-RNA Polymerase II Holoenzyme. J Biol Chem 291:26886-26898 (2016). PubMed: 27821593
- Fowler T et al. Regulation of MYC expression and differential JQ1 sensitivity in cancer cells. PLoS One 9:e87003 (2014). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 24466310
- Miotto B & Struhl K HBO1 histone acetylase activity is essential for DNA replication licensing and inhibited by Geminin. Mol Cell 37:57-66 (2010). PubMed: 20129055