Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MEF2D
- Suitable for: IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MEF2D antibody
See all MEF2D primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MEF2D
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 292-514 of Human MEF2D
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32845 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Use 4µl for 1ml cell lysate.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionTranscriptional activator which binds specifically to the MEF2 element, 5'-YTA[AT](4)TAR-3', found in numerous muscle-specific, growth factor- and stress-induced genes. Mediates cellular functions not only in skeletal and cardiac muscle development, but also in neuronal differentiation and survival. Plays diverse roles in the control of cell growth, survival and apoptosis via p38 MAPK signaling in muscle-specific and/or growth factor-related transcription. Plays a critical role in the regulation of neuronal apoptosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MEF2 family.
Contains 1 MADS-box domain.
Contains 1 Mef2-type DNA-binding domain.
Developmental stagePresent in myotubes and also in undifferentiated myoblasts.
DomainThe beta domain, missing in a number of isoforms, is required for enhancement of transcriptional activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-444 by CDK5 is required for Lys-439 sumoylation and inhibits transcriptional activity. In neurons, enhanced CDK5 activity induced by neurotoxins promotes caspase 3-mediated cleavage leading to neuron apoptosis. Phsophorylation on Ser-180 can be enhanced by EGF.
Acetylated on Lys-439 by CREBBP. Deacetylated by SIRT1.
Sumoylated on Lys-439 by SUMO2 but not SUMO1; which inhibits transcriptional activity and myogenic activity. Desumoylated by SENP3.
Proteolytically cleaved in cerebellar granule neurons on several sites by caspase 7 following neurotoxicity. Preferentially cleaves the CDK5-mediated hyperphosphorylated form which leads to neuron apoptosis and transcriptional inactivation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Translocated by HDAC4 to nuclear dots.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp686I1536 antibody
- MADS box transcription factor 2 polypeptide D antibody
- Mef2d antibody
Immunoprecipitation of 35S-methionine labelled HeLa cells with anti-MEF2D sera. 1: pre-immune sera; 2: ab32845 anti-MEF2D sera.
ab32845 (2µg/ml) staining MEF2D in human skin using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong nuclear staining.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers citrate pH6.1 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab32845 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Blixt N et al. Loss of myocyte enhancer factor 2 expression in osteoclasts leads to opposing skeletal phenotypes. Bone 138:115466 (2020). PubMed: 32512162
- Payne S et al. Regulatory pathways governing murine coronary vessel formation are dysregulated in the injured adult heart. Nat Commun 10:3276 (2019). PubMed: 31332177
- Song Z et al. Overexpression and biological function of MEF2D in human pancreatic cancer. Am J Transl Res 9:4836-4847 (2017). PubMed: 29218083
- Pon JR et al. MEF2B mutations in non-Hodgkin lymphoma dysregulate cell migration by decreasing MEF2B target gene activation. Nat Commun 6:7953 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26245647
- Pearen MA et al. The nuclear receptor, Nor-1, markedly increases type II oxidative muscle fibers and resistance to fatigue. Mol Endocrinol 26:372-84 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22282471
- Chu Y et al. a-Synuclein aggregation reduces nigral myocyte enhancer factor-2D in idiopathic and experimental Parkinson's disease. Neurobiol Dis 41:71-82 (2011). PubMed: 20816781
- Lu J et al. Signal-dependent activation of the MEF2 transcription factor by dissociation from histone deacetylases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:4070-5 (2000). PubMed: 10737771
- Blaeser F et al. Ca(2+)-dependent gene expression mediated by MEF2 transcription factors. J Biol Chem 275:197-209 (2000). PubMed: 10617605
- Han TH & Prywes R Regulatory role of MEF2D in serum induction of the c-jun promoter. Mol Cell Biol 15:2907-15 (1995). PubMed: 7760790