Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E342] to MEK1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Human
Product nameAnti-MEK1 antibody [E342]
See all MEK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E342] to MEK1
SpecificityThis antibody recognises MEK1, but does not cross react with other MAP kinase kinase family members.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human MEK1 aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q02750
- WB: A431 cells and cell lysate. IHC-P: Human cervical carcinoma. ICC/IF: HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-MEK1 antibody [E342] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab193985)
- Anti-MEK1 antibody [E342] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab193986)
- Anti-MEK1 antibody [E342] (HRP) (ab193987)
- Anti-MEK1 antibody [E342] (PE) (ab210618)
- Anti-MEK1 antibody [E342] (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab214382)
- Anti-MEK1 antibody [E342] - BSA and Azide free (ab239802)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32091 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCatalyzes the concomitant phosphorylation of a threonine and a tyrosine residue in a Thr-Glu-Tyr sequence located in MAP kinases. Activates ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with extremely low levels in brain.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAP2K1 are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Ser/Thr by MAP kinase kinase kinases (RAF or MEKK1) regulates positively the kinase activity.
Acetylation by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the MAPK signaling pathway.
- Information by UniProt
- Dual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 1 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1 antibody
- ERK activator kinase 1 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: MEK1 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: A431 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HepG2 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab32091 observed at 43 kDa. Red - loading control, ab18058, observed at 130 kDa.
ab32091 was shown to specifically react with MEK1 in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost in MEK1 knockout cells. Wild-type and MEK1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab32091 and ab18058 (Mouse anti-Vinculin loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/1000 dilution and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells labelling MEK1 with purified ab32091 at dilution of 1/500. Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100. ab150077, Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Secondary Only Control: PBS was used instead of the primary antibody as the negative control.
Anti-MEK1 antibody [E342] (ab32091) at 1/5000 dilution + A431 (Human epidermoid carcinoma epithelial cell)whole cell lysate at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 15 seconds
Blocking/Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM /TBST
Ab32091, at a 1/100 dilution, staining MEK1 in paraffin embedded human cervical carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab32091 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab32091, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32091 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Jia T et al. MiR-148a inhibits oral squamous cell carcinoma progression through ERK/MAPK pathway via targeting IGF-IR. Biosci Rep 40:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32202300
- Li D et al. Astragalus polysaccharide alleviates H2O2-triggered oxidative injury in human umbilical vein endothelial cells via promoting KLF2. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:2188-2195 (2019). PubMed: 31159593
- Wang Z et al. Polysaccharides from Enteromorpha Prolifera Ameliorate Acute Myocardial Infarction in Vitro and in Vivo via Up-Regulating HIF-1a. Int Heart J 60:964-973 (2019). PubMed: 31257333
- Liu YS & Wei B Over-expression of Bcl2-associated athanogene 2 in oral cancer promotes cellular proliferation and is associated with poor prognosis. Arch Oral Biol 102:164-170 (2019). PubMed: 31055249
- Song A et al. Long noncoding RNA Alu-mediated p21 transcriptional regulator promotes proliferation, migration, and pipe-formation of human microvascular endothelial cells by sponging miR-126. J Cell Biochem 120:19858-19867 (2019). PubMed: 31310378