Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [ep600y] to MEKK3
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-MEKK3 antibody [ep600y]
See all MEKK3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [ep600y] to MEKK3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human MEKK3 aa 600-700 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa cells, ovary carcinoma
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40756 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa).|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionComponent of a protein kinase signal transduction cascade. Mediates activation of the NF-kappa-B, AP1 and DDIT3 transcriptional regulators.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 OPR domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- M3K3_HUMAN antibody
- MAP/ERK kinase kinase 3 antibody
- MAP3K3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MEKK3 antibody [ep600y] (ab40756) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 :
Recombinant human MEKK2 protein (ab135009)
Lane 2 :
Recombinant human MEKK3 protein (ab85297)
Lysates/proteins at 0.015 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 71 kDa
Observed band size: 97 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa cells using ab40756 diluted 1:100
Anti-MEKK3 antibody [ep600y] (ab40756) at 1/1000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 71 kDa
Observed band size: 70 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovary carcinoma using ab40756 diluted 1:100
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40756 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. Overexpression of MAP3K3 promotes tumour growth through activation of the NF-?B signalling pathway in ovarian carcinoma. Sci Rep 9:8401 (2019). PubMed: 31182739
- Chu W et al. Lovastatin exerts protective effects on endothelial cells via upregulation of PTK2B. Exp Ther Med 12:1741-1749 (2016). PubMed: 27602089
- Lu H et al. The expression and role of MEKK3 in renal clear cell carcinoma. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 298:727-34 (2015). PubMed: 25388155
- Halaban R et al. PLX4032, a selective BRAF(V600E) kinase inhibitor, activates the ERK pathway and enhances cell migration and proliferation of BRAF melanoma cells. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 23:190-200 (2010). PubMed: 20149136
- Matitau AE & Scheid MP Phosphorylation of MEKK3 at threonine 294 promotes 14-3-3 association to inhibit nuclear factor kappaB activation. J Biol Chem 283:13261-8 (2008). PubMed: 18308725
- Son MY et al. Expression profiles of protein tyrosine kinase genes in human embryonic stem cells. Reproduction 136:423-32 (2008). PubMed: 18583472