Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [DT101 + BC199] to MelanA
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-MelanA antibody [DT101 + BC199]
See all MelanA primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DT101 + BC199] to MelanA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
Please note that this antibody is an oligoclonal antibody. It is a cocktail of monoclonal antibodies that have been carefully selected. Oligoclonal antibodies have not only the specificity and batch-to-batch consistency of a monoclonal antibody, but also have the advantage of the sensitivity of a polyclonal antibody due to their ability to recognize multiple epitopes on an antigen.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 8th March 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Constituents: PBS, Tissue culture supernatant
Proprietary preservative that is not sodium azide or thimerosal, protein carrier.
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Clone numberDT101 + BC199
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab731 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. ABC method.|
FunctionInvolved in melanosome biogenesis by ensuring the stability of GPR143. Plays a vital role in the expression, stability, trafficking, and processing of melanocyte protein PMEL, which is critical to the formation of stage II melanosomes.
Tissue specificityExpression is restricted to melanoma and melanocyte cell lines and retina.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus. Golgi apparatus > trans-Golgi network membrane. Melanosome. Also found in small vesicles and tubules dispersed over the entire cytoplasm. A small fraction of the protein is inserted into the membrane in an inverted orientation. Inversion of membrane topology results in the relocalization of the protein from a predominant Golgi/post-Golgi area to the endoplasmic reticulum. Melanoma cells expressing the protein with an inverted membrane topology are more effectively recognized by specific cytolytic T-lymphocytes than those expressing the protein in its native membrane orientation.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen LB39 AA antibody
- Antigen LB39-AA antibody
- Antigen SK29 AA antibody
ab731 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Semba T et al. Periostin antisense oligonucleotide suppresses bleomycin-induced formation of a lung premetastatic niche for melanoma. Cancer Sci 109:1447-1454 (2018). PubMed: 29498146
- Zeng H et al. Bi-allelic Loss of CDKN2A Initiates Melanoma Invasion via BRN2 Activation. Cancer Cell 34:56-68.e9 (2018). PubMed: 29990501
- Schwochow Thalmann D et al. The evolution of Sex-linked barring alleles in chickens involves both regulatory and coding changes in CDKN2A. PLoS Genet 13:e1006665 (2017). IHC-Fr ; Chicken . PubMed: 28388616
- Cao J et al. Tuberous sclerosis complex inactivation disrupts melanogenesis via mTORC1 activation. J Clin Invest 127:349-364 (2017). PubMed: 27918305
- Mi W et al. YEATS2 links histone acetylation to tumorigenesis of non-small cell lung cancer. Nat Commun 8:1088 (2017). PubMed: 29057918