Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Melanoma gp100
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Melanoma gp100 antibody
See all Melanoma gp100 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Melanoma gp100
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig
- Human skin lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52058 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).
Approx 26kDa band observed in Human Skin lysates, corresponding to the M-beta fragment of the precursor protein (Leonhardt et al, Mol Biol Cell. 2013 Apr;24(7):964-81.PMID: 23389629). Calculated MW of 70.3kDa according to NP_008859.1. Primary incubation was 1 hour.
FunctionPlays a central role in the biogenesis of melanosomes. Involved in the maturation of melanosomes from stage I to II. The transition from stage I melanosomes to stage II melanosomes involves an elongation of the vesicle, and the appearance within of distinct fibrillar structures. Release of the soluble form, ME20-S, could protect tumor cells from antibody mediated immunity.
Tissue specificityPreferentially expressed in melanomas. Some expression was found in dysplastic nevi. Not found in normal tissues nor in carcinomas. Normally expressed at low levels in quiescent adult melanocytes but overexpressed by proliferating neonatal melanocytes and during tumor growth.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PMEL/NMB family.
Contains 1 PKD domain.
DomainThe RPT domain is essential for the generation of the fibrillar matrix of melanosomes.
The lumenal domain is necessary for correct processing and trafficking to melanosomes.
modificationsA small amount of P1/P100 (major form) undergoes glycosylation to yield P2/P120 (minor form). P2 is cleaved by a furin-like proprotein convertase (PC) in a pH-dependent manner in a post-Golgi, prelysosomal compartment into two disulfide-linked subunits: a large lumenal subunit, M-alpha/ME20-S, and an integral membrane subunit, M-beta. Despite cleavage, only a small fraction of M-alpha is secreted, whereas most M-alpha and M-beta remain associated with each other intracellularly. M-alpha is further processed to M-alpha N and M-alpha C. M-alpha C further undergoes processing to yield M-alpha C1 and M-alpha C3 (M-alpha C2 in the case of PMEL17-is or PMEL17-ls). Formation of intralumenal fibrils in the melanosomes requires the formation of M-alpha that becomes incorporated into the fibrils. Stage II melanosomes harbor only Golgi-modified Pmel17 fragments that are derived from M-alpha and that bear sialylated O-linked oligosaccharides.
N-glycosylated. O-glycosylated; contains sialic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus. Melanosome. Endosome > multivesicular body. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV. Localizes predominantly to intralumenal vesicles (ILVs) within multivesicular bodies. Associates with ILVs found within the lumen of premelanosomes and melanosomes and particularly in compartments that serve as precursors to the striated stage II premelanosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- 95 kDa melanocyte specific secreted glycoprotein antibody
- 95 kDa melanocyte-specific secreted glycoprotein antibody
- D12S53E antibody
Anti-Melanoma gp100 antibody (ab52058) at 1 µg/ml + Human Skin lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
Additional bands at: 26 kDa (possible immature (unprocessed))
Primary incubation was 1 hour. Detected by chemiluminescence. The 26kDa band observed in Human Skin lysate corresponds to the precusor protein M-beta fragment (Leonhardt et al, Mol Biol Cell. 2013 Apr;24(7):964-81.PMID: 23389629).
ab52058 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Hee JS et al. Melanosomal formation of PMEL core amyloid is driven by aromatic residues. Sci Rep 7:44064 (2017). PubMed: 28272432
- Shimshek DR et al. Pharmacological BACE1 and BACE2 inhibition induces hair depigmentation by inhibiting PMEL17 processing in mice. Sci Rep 6:21917 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26912421
- Schrage R et al. The experimental power of FR900359 to study Gq-regulated biological processes. Nat Commun 6:10156 (2015). PubMed: 26658454
- Wu SY et al. 4-(Phenylsulfanyl)butan-2-One Suppresses Melanin Synthesis and Melanosome Maturation In Vitro and In Vivo. Int J Mol Sci 16:20240-57 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26343635
- Leonhardt RM et al. Critical residues in the PMEL/Pmel17 N-terminus direct the hierarchical assembly of melanosomal fibrils. Mol Biol Cell : (2013). PubMed: 23389629
- Grifoni SD et al. Hsc70 regulates cell surface ASIC2 expression and vascular smooth muscle cell migration. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol : (2008). PubMed: 18310515