Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Melanopsin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Melanopsin antibody
See all Melanopsin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Melanopsin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Rat retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) for immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19383 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 53,85 kDa. Not recommended for the detection of endogenously expressed protein.|
FunctionPhotoreceptor required for regulation of circadian rhythm. Contributes to pupillar reflex and other non-image forming responses to light. May be able to isomerize covalently bound all-trans retinal back to 11-cis retinal.
Tissue specificityEye. Expression is restricted within the ganglion and amacrine cell layers of the retina.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Opsin subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Found in soma, dendrites and proximal part of axons of certain retinal ganglion cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Melanopsin antibody
- MGC142118 antibody
- MOP antibody
ab19383 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Yang K et al. Exposure to blue light stimulates the proangiogenic capability of exosomes derived from human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:358 (2019). PubMed: 31779691
- Diessler S et al. Rai1 frees mice from the repression of active wake behaviors by light. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28548639
- Man PS et al. Rhythmic expression of an egr-1 transgene in rats distinguishes two populations of photoreceptor cells in the retinal outer nuclear layer. Mol Vis 14:1176-86 (2008). IHC . PubMed: 18587494