Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A antibody
See all Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Cow, Human
- Rat brain tissue.
This product was previously labelled as Melatonin Receptor 1A
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203038 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionHigh affinity receptor for melatonin. Likely to mediates the reproductive and circadian actions of melatonin. The activity of this receptor is mediated by pertussis toxin sensitive G proteins that inhibit adenylate cyclase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in hypophyseal pars tuberalis and hypothalamic suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN). Hippocampus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Mel 1A R antibody
- MEL-1A-R antibody
- Mel1a melatonin receptor antibody
Anti-Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A antibody (ab203038) at 1/1000 dilution + Cerebrum lysates
Conjugated secondary antibody at 1/20000 dilution
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat brain tissue labeling Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A with ab203038 at 1/300 dilution, followed by secondary antibody detection and DAB staining.
ab203038 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Chen L et al. Pinealectomy or light exposure exacerbates biliary damage and liver fibrosis in cholestatic rats through decreased melatonin synthesis. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1865:1525-1539 (2019). PubMed: 30890428
- Huang CC et al. Melatonin attenuates TNF-a and IL-1ß expression in synovial fibroblasts and diminishes cartilage degradation: Implications for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. J Pineal Res 66:e12560 (2019). PubMed: 30648758
- Lin JJ et al. Melatonin Suppresses Neuropathic Pain via MT2-Dependent and -Independent Pathways in Dorsal Root Ganglia Neurons of Mice. Theranostics 7:2015-2032 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28656058