Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A antibody
See all Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- KELLY lysate
This product was previously labelled as Melatonin Receptor 1A
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87639 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionHigh affinity receptor for melatonin. Likely to mediates the reproductive and circadian actions of melatonin. The activity of this receptor is mediated by pertussis toxin sensitive G proteins that inhibit adenylate cyclase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in hypophyseal pars tuberalis and hypothalamic suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN). Hippocampus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Mel 1A R antibody
- MEL-1A-R antibody
- Mel1a melatonin receptor antibody
Anti-Melatonin Receptor 1A/MTNR1A antibody (ab87639) at 0.3 µg/ml + KELLY lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 hour
ab87639 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Villarreal MA et al. Determining Zebrafish Epitope Reactivity to Commercially Available Antibodies. Zebrafish 14:387-389 (2017). PubMed: 28318435
- Mori F et al. Multitargeting activity of miR-24 inhibits long-term melatonin anticancer effects. Oncotarget 7:20532-48 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26967561
- Santoro R et al. Blockage of melatonin receptors impairs p53-mediated prevention of DNA damage accumulation. Carcinogenesis : (2013). PubMed: 23354312