Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Melatonin Receptor 1B/MTNR1B
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Melatonin Receptor 1B/MTNR1B antibody
See all Melatonin Receptor 1B/MTNR1B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Melatonin Receptor 1B/MTNR1B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Rat brain and retina tissues.
This product was previously labelled as Melatonin Receptor 1B
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA, 49% ddH20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203346 in the following tested applications.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.
When using a fluorescent probe please use a dilution of 1/50 - 1/200.
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/200.|
FunctionHigh affinity receptor for melatonin. Likely to mediates the reproductive and circadian actions of melatonin. The activity of this receptor is mediated by pertussis toxin sensitive G proteins that inhibit adenylate cyclase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in retina and less in brain and hippocampus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- FGQTL2 antibody
- Mel 1b antibody
- Mel 1b melatonin receptor antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat brain sections labeling Melatonin Receptor 1B/MTNR1B with ab203346 at a 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat retina sections labeling Melatonin Receptor 1B/MTNR1B with ab203346 at a 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
ab203346 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Xiao L et al. Profile of melatonin and its receptors and synthesizing enzymes in cumulus-oocyte complexes of the developing sheep antral follicle-a potential estradiol-mediated mechanism. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 17:1 (2019). PubMed: 30606208
- Chen L et al. Pinealectomy or light exposure exacerbates biliary damage and liver fibrosis in cholestatic rats through decreased melatonin synthesis. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1865:1525-1539 (2019). PubMed: 30890428
- Heo JS et al. Biological effects of melatonin on human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Int J Mol Med 44:2234-2244 (2019). PubMed: 31573052
- Jablonska K et al. Prognostic Impact of Melatonin Receptors MT1 and MT2 in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC). Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31319607
- Liu W et al. RNAi-mediated knockdown of MTNR1B without disrupting the effects of melatonin on apoptosis and cell cycle in bovine granulose cells. PeerJ 6:e4463 (2018). PubMed: 29707428
- Xiao L et al. Expression of melatonin and its related synthase and membrane receptors in the oestrous corpus luteum and corpus luteum verum of sheep. Reprod Domest Anim 53:1142-1148 (2018). PubMed: 29943511
- Wang S et al. The Mechanism of Melatonin and Its Receptor MT2 Involved in the Development of Bovine Granulosa Cells. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30002300
- Osier ND et al. Brain injury results in lower levels of melatonin receptors subtypes MT1 and MT2. Neurosci Lett 650:18-24 (2017). PubMed: 28377323
- Lin JJ et al. Melatonin Suppresses Neuropathic Pain via MT2-Dependent and -Independent Pathways in Dorsal Root Ganglia Neurons of Mice. Theranostics 7:2015-2032 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28656058