Product nameMeloxicam, NSAID
DescriptionNonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)
Biological descriptionNonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Selectively inhibits COX-2 over COX-1 (IC50 values are 4.7 and 36.3 μM respectively). Analgesic effects.
Chemical name4-Hydroxy-2-methyl-N-(5-methyl-2-thiazolyl)-2H-1,2-benzothiazine-3-carboxamide 1,1-dioxide
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 50 mM and in DMSO to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Ingwersen W et al. Efficacy and safety of 3 versus 5 days of meloxicam as an analgesic for feline onychectomy and sterilization. Can Vet J 53:257-64 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22942440) »
- Blanco FJ et al. Effect of antiinflammatory drugs on COX-1 and COX-2 activity in human articular chondrocytes. J Rheumatol 26:1366-73 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10381057) »
- Noble S & Balfour JA Meloxicam. Drugs 51:424-30; discussion 431-32 (1996). Read more (PubMed: 8882380) »
- Noble G et al. Pharmacokinetics and safety of single and multiple oral doses of meloxicam in adult horses. J Vet Intern Med 26:1192-201 (0). Read more (PubMed: 22860573) »