Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MERTK (phospho Y749 + Y753 + Y754)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MERTK (phospho Y749 + Y753 + Y754) antibody
See all MERTK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MERTK (phospho Y749 + Y753 + Y754)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAffinity purified.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14921 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionIn case of filovirus infection, seems to function as a cell entry factor.
Tissue specificityNot expressed in normal B- and T-lymphocytes but is expressed in numerous neoplastic B- and T-cell lines.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MERTK are the cause of retinitis pigmentosa type 38 (RP38) [MIM:613862]. RP38 is a retinal dystrophy belonging to the group of pigmentary retinopathies. Retinitis pigmentosa is characterized by retinal pigment deposits visible on fundus examination and primary loss of rod photoreceptor cells followed by secondary loss of cone photoreceptors. Patients typically have night vision blindness and loss of midperipheral visual field. As their condition progresses, they lose their far peripheral visual field and eventually central vision as well.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. AXL/UFO subfamily.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 2 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- c MER antibody
- c mer proto oncogene tyrosine kinase antibody
- c-mer antibody
ab14921 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Du W et al. KPNB1-mediated nuclear translocation of PD-L1 promotes non-small cell lung cancer cell proliferation via the Gas6/MerTK signaling pathway. Cell Death Differ 28:1284-1300 (2021). PubMed: 33139930
- Chung SH et al. Structure-activity relationship of 7-aryl-2-anilino-pyrrolopyrimidines as Mer and Axl tyrosine kinase inhibitors. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 35:1822-1833 (2020). PubMed: 32972253
- Nam SH et al. Lysyl-tRNA synthetase-expressing colon spheroids induce M2 macrophage polarization to promote metastasis. J Clin Invest 128:5034-5055 (2018). PubMed: 30188867
- Kariolis MS et al. Inhibition of the GAS6/AXL pathway augments the efficacy of chemotherapies. J Clin Invest 127:183-198 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27893463
- Jung Y et al. Endogenous GAS6 and Mer receptor signaling regulate prostate cancer stem cells in bone marrow. Oncotarget 7:25698-711 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27028863
- Murase H et al. TUDCA Promotes Phagocytosis by Retinal Pigment Epithelium via MerTK Activation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 56:2511-8 (2015). PubMed: 25804419
- Fuma S et al. Photobiomodulation with 670 nm light increased phagocytosis in human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Mol Vis 21:883-92 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26321863
- Xie S et al. Mer receptor tyrosine kinase is frequently overexpressed in human non-small cell lung cancer, confirming resistance to erlotinib. Oncotarget 6:9206-19 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25826078
- Alciato F et al. TNF-alpha, IL-6, and IL-1 expression is inhibited by GAS6 in monocytes/macrophages. J Leukoc Biol 87:869-75 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20103767