Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2+3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2+3 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2+3
This antibody recognises the monomer version (110kDa) and the dimer (220kDa) of Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2+3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2+3 (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- WB: Rat hippocampal lysate, HEK 293
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 50% Glycerol, BSA, 0.24% HEPES, 4.41% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6438 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 100, 200 kDa.|
RelevanceL glutamate is the major excitatory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system and activates both ionotropic and metabotropic glutamate receptors. Glutamatergic neurotransmission is involved in most aspects of normal brain function and can be perturbed in many neuropathologic conditions. The metabotropic glutamate receptors are a family of G protein coupled receptors, that have been divided into 3 groups on the basis of sequence homology, putative signal transduction mechanisms, and pharmacologic properties. Group I includes GRM1 and GRM5 and these receptors have been shown to activate phospholipase C. Group II includes GRM2 and GRM3 while Group III includes GRM4, GRM6, GRM7 and GRM8. The activity of GRM2 and GRM3 receptors are mediated by a G-protein that inhibits adenylate cyclase activity.
Cellular localizationIntegral membrane protein.
- GLUR2 antibody
- GLUR3 antibody
- Glutamate receptor homolog antibody
Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2+3 antibody (ab6438) at 1/1000 dilution + rat hippocampal lysate at 10 µg
Showing the specific immunolabeling of the ~110k monomer and the ~220k dimer of Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2+3.
All lanes : Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2+3 antibody (ab6438)
All lanes : HEK 293 cell expression
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
As shown in the autoradiograph, ab6438 recognizes both the ~110k monomer and the ~220k dimer of Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2 (Lane 1) and Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3 (Lane 2). Also shown is the specific immunolabeling of the monomer.
ab6438 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Onishi T et al. Acute spatial spread of NO-mediated potentiation during hindpaw ischaemia in mice. J Physiol 597:3441-3455 (2019). PubMed: 31087329
- Gonzalez-Reyes LE et al. Sonic Hedgehog is expressed by hilar mossy cells and regulates cellular survival and neurogenesis in the adult hippocampus. Sci Rep 9:17402 (2019). PubMed: 31758070
- Lu Y et al. Activity-dependent synaptic integration and modulation of bilateral excitatory inputs in an auditory coincidence detection circuit. J Physiol 596:1981-1997 (2018). PubMed: 29572827
- Jin LE et al. mGluR2/3 mechanisms in primate dorsolateral prefrontal cortex: evidence for both presynaptic and postsynaptic actions. Mol Psychiatry 22:1615-1625 (2017). PubMed: 27502475
- Goniotaki D et al. Inhibition of group-I metabotropic glutamate receptors protects against prion toxicity. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006733 (2017). PubMed: 29176838
- Amat SB et al. Using c-kit to genetically target cerebellar molecular layer interneurons in adult mice. PLoS One 12:e0179347 (2017). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 28658323
- Houck BD & Person AL Cerebellar Premotor Output Neurons Collateralize to Innervate the Cerebellar Cortex. J Comp Neurol 523:2254-71 (2015). PubMed: 25869188
- Chen YW et al. Activation of mGluR2/3 underlies the effects of N-acetylcystein on amygdala-associated autism-like phenotypes in a valproate-induced rat model of autism. Front Behav Neurosci 8:219 (2014). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24987341
- Tang ZQ et al. Activation of synaptic group II metabotropic glutamate receptors induces long-term depression at GABAergic synapses in CNS neurons. J Neurosci 33:15964-77 (2013). PubMed: 24089501
- Williams PA et al. Opa1 is essential for retinal ganglion cell synaptic architecture and connectivity. Brain 135:493-505 (2012). WB, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 22300878