Product nameAnti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3 antibody [EPR9009(2)]
See all Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR9009(2)] to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3. The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- Fetal brain, Human cerebellum and Human hypothalamus lysates
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab166608 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 110, 220 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 99 kDa).Can be blocked with Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3 peptide (ab208352).|
FunctionReceptor for glutamate. The activity of this receptor is mediated by a G-protein that inhibits adenylate cyclase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 3 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GLUR3 antibody
- Glutamate metabotropic receptor 3 antibody
- Glutamate receptor metabotropic 3 antibody
Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3 antibody [EPR9009(2)] (ab166608) at 1/1000 dilution + fetal brain lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 99 kDa
Observed band size: 110& 220 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
All lanes : Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3 antibody [EPR9009(2)] (ab166608) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human cerebellum lysate
Lane 2 : Human hypothalamus lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 99 kDa
Observed band size: 220 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This product has been referenced in:
- García-Bea A et al. A group II metabotropic glutamate receptor 3 (mGlu3, GRM3) isoform implicated in schizophrenia interacts with canonical mGlu3 and reduces ligand binding. J Psychopharmacol 31:1519-1526 (2017). WB, ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 28655286) »
- García-Bea A et al. Metabotropic glutamate receptor 3 (mGlu3; mGluR3; GRM3) in schizophrenia: Antibody characterisation and a semi-quantitative western blot study. Schizophr Res N/A:N/A (2016). WB, ICC, IHC ; Mouse, Human . Read more (PubMed: 27130562) »