Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR9009(2)] to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3/MGLUR3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3/MGLUR3 antibody [EPR9009(2)]
See all Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3/MGLUR3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR9009(2)] to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3/MGLUR3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Fetal brain, Human cerebellum and Human hypothalamus lysates
This product was previously labelled as Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab166608 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 110, 220 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 99 kDa).|
FunctionReceptor for glutamate. The activity of this receptor is mediated by a G-protein that inhibits adenylate cyclase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 3 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GLUR3 antibody
- Glutamate metabotropic receptor 3 antibody
- Glutamate receptor metabotropic 3 antibody
Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3/MGLUR3 antibody [EPR9009(2)] (ab166608) at 1/1000 dilution + fetal brain lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 99 kDa
Observed band size: 110& 220 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
All lanes : Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 3/MGLUR3 antibody [EPR9009(2)] (ab166608) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human cerebellum lysate
Lane 2 : Human hypothalamus lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 99 kDa
Observed band size: 220 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab166608 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- García-Bea A et al. A group II metabotropic glutamate receptor 3 (mGlu3, GRM3) isoform implicated in schizophrenia interacts with canonical mGlu3 and reduces ligand binding. J Psychopharmacol 31:1519-1526 (2017). WB, ICC/IF . PubMed: 28655286
- García-Bea A et al. Metabotropic glutamate receptor 3 (mGlu3; mGluR3; GRM3) in schizophrenia: Antibody characterisation and a semi-quantitative western blot study. Schizophr Res N/A:N/A (2016). WB, ICC, IHC ; Mouse, Human . PubMed: 27130562