Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 antibody
See all Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit
Synthetic peptide within Human Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 aa 1150 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P41594
- Human brain for Immunohistochemistry.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody is an affinity purified IgG.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27190 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionG-protein coupled receptor for glutamate. Ligand binding causes a conformation change that triggers signaling via guanine nucleotide-binding proteins (G proteins) and modulates the activity of down-stream effectors. Signaling activates a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system and generates a calcium-activated chloride current. Plays an important role in the regulation of synaptic plasticity and the modulation of the neural network activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 3 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Glutamate receptor metabotropic 5 antibody
- GPRC1E antibody
- Grm5 antibody
Ab27190, at a dilution of 1/50, staining mGluR5 in Paraffin embedded formalin fixed human brain tissue section.
ICC/IF image of ab27190 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab27190, 1æg/ml) overnight at +4øC. The secondary antibody (green)ÿwas Alexa Fluor© 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor© 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43æM.
ab27190 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Guo Z et al. Prenatal immune activation potentiates endocannabinoid-related plasticity of inhibitory synapses in the hippocampus of adolescent rat offspring. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 28:1405-1417 (2018). PubMed: 30257799
- Lum JS et al. A postmortem analysis of NMDA ionotropic and group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptors in the nucleus accumbens in schizophrenia. J Psychiatry Neurosci 43:102-110 (2018). PubMed: 29481317
- Lum JS et al. A postmortem analysis of NMDA ionotropic and group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptors in the nucleus accumbens in schizophrenia. J Psychiatry Neurosci 42:170077 (2017). PubMed: 29022871
- Dai J et al. Improved retinal function in RCS rats after suppressing the over-activation of mGluR5. Sci Rep 7:3546 (2017). PubMed: 28615682
- Matosin N et al. Metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 binding and protein expression in schizophrenia and following antipsychotic drug treatment. Schizophr Res 146:170-6 (2013). PubMed: 23462049
- Gleason KA et al. Susceptibility of the adolescent brain to cannabinoids: long-term hippocampal effects and relevance to schizophrenia. Transl Psychiatry 2:e199 (2012). PubMed: 23188199
- Ma L et al. Differential expression of group I metabotropic glutamate receptors in human motoneurons at low and high risk of degeneration in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neuroscience 143:95-104 (2006). IHC-FoFr ; Human . PubMed: 16979830
- Tang VW Proteomic and bioinformatic analysis of epithelial tight junction reveals an unexpected cluster of synaptic molecules. Biol Direct 1:37 (2006). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 17156438