Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 antibody
See all Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5
Specificityab53090 detects endogenous levels of total Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
N-terminal synthetic peptide derived from human Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5.
- WB: Mouse brain extracts. IHC-P: Human brain tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab53090 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53090 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 132 kDa.|
FunctionG-protein coupled receptor for glutamate. Ligand binding causes a conformation change that triggers signaling via guanine nucleotide-binding proteins (G proteins) and modulates the activity of down-stream effectors. Signaling activates a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system and generates a calcium-activated chloride current. Plays an important role in the regulation of synaptic plasticity and the modulation of the neural network activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 3 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Glutamate receptor metabotropic 5 antibody
- GPRC1E antibody
- Grm5 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 antibody (ab53090) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse brain extracts
Lane 2 : Mouse brain extracts with blocking peptide
Predicted band size: 132 kDa
Observed band size: 100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human brain tissue using ab53090 at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right) and absence (left) of blocking peptide.
ab53090 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Luo WY et al. PDZ Scaffold Protein CAL Couples with Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 to Protect Against Cell Apoptosis and Is a Potential Target in the Treatment of Parkinson's Disease. Neurotherapeutics 16:761-783 (2019). PubMed: 31073978
- Reichenbach B et al. Glutamate transporter Slc1a3 mediates inter-niche stem cell activation during skin growth. EMBO J 37:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29615452
- Dai J et al. Improved retinal function in RCS rats after suppressing the over-activation of mGluR5. Sci Rep 7:3546 (2017). PubMed: 28615682
- Goniotaki D et al. Inhibition of group-I metabotropic glutamate receptors protects against prion toxicity. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006733 (2017). PubMed: 29176838
- Rossignol R et al. Visual sensorial impairments in neurodevelopmental disorders: evidence for a retinal phenotype in fragile x syndrome. PLoS One 9:e105996 (2014). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 25153086