Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [MOMA-1] to Metallophilic Macrophages
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Metallophilic Macrophages antibody [MOMA-1]
See all Metallophilic Macrophages primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [MOMA-1] to Metallophilic Macrophages
SpecificityNo reactivity of ab183549 was found with dendritic cells, peritoneal resident macrophages, peritoneal exudate cells, bone marrow or blood cells. Distinct macrophage subpopulations of lymphoid organs express the antigen. In the spleen, they are localized at the marginal sinus forming a ring around the periarteriolar lymphocyte sheath and follicular areas at the inner side of marginal zones. In lymph nodes, they are localized in the sinusoids and medullary cords, but not within follicular areas or paracortex. In Peyer’s patches they are localized in the interfollicular areas at the serosal side. Kupffer cells in the liver can be clearly stained by ab183549. No positive macrophages were found in the thymus, brain, kidney, liver, skin or heart. In non-lymphoid organs, the antigen is only found on a macrophage subpopulation in the lamina propria of the villi of the small intestine.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Frmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Mouse Metallophilic Macrophages. (Mouse lymph node tissue).
- Mouse spleen tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 98% PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab183549 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceMetallophilic macrophages are a subpopulation of mature resident tissue macrophages. They show high non specific esterase activity and can be distinguished from splenic marginal zone macrophages by antibody staining and the lack of FITC-Ficoll uptake.
ab183549 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Nyström A et al. Impaired lymphoid extracellular matrix impedes antibacterial immunity in epidermolysis bullosa. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:E705-E714 (2018). PubMed: 29305555
- Jellusova J et al. Gsk3 is a metabolic checkpoint regulator in B cells. Nat Immunol 18:303-312 (2017). PubMed: 28114292
- Davies ML et al. A systemic macrophage response is required to contain a peripheral poxvirus infection. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006435 (2017). PubMed: 28614386
- Lal G et al. IL-10 from marginal zone precursor B cells controls the differentiation of Th17, Tfh and Tfr cells in transplantation tolerance. Immunol Lett 170:52-63 (2016). PubMed: 26772435
- Xu HC et al. Deficiency of the B cell-activating factor receptor results in limited CD169+ macrophage function during viral infection. J Virol 89:4748-59 (2015). PubMed: 25673724
- Lal G et al. Interleukin-10 From Marginal Zone Precursor B-Cell Subset Is Required for Costimulatory Blockade-Induced Transplantation Tolerance. Transplantation 99:1817-28 (2015). PubMed: 25839706
- Hashimoto D et al. Pretransplant CSF-1 therapy expands recipient macrophages and ameliorates GVHD after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. J Exp Med 208:1069-82 (2011). PubMed: 21536742