Key features and details
- AMPK activator. 1 ml water soluble pack.
- CAS Number: 1115-70-4
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameMetformin hydrochloride (mM/ml), AMPK activator
DescriptionAMPK activator. 1 ml water soluble pack.
AMPK activator. Antidiabetic and anticancer activity in vivo. Rapidly crosses the blood-brain barrier.
Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration. Find out more.
Chemical nameN,N-Dimethylimidodicarbonimidic diamide hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab146725 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Eyres M et al. TET2 Drives 5hmc Marking of GATA6 and Epigenetically Defines Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma Transcriptional Subtypes. Gastroenterology 161:653-668.e16 (2021). PubMed: 33915173
- Gill KS et al. Combination of electroporation delivered metabolic modulators with low-dose chemotherapy in osteosarcoma. Oncotarget 9:31473-31489 (2018). PubMed: 30140384
- Dehghani A et al. Nuclear expansion and pore opening are instant signs of neuronal hypoxia and can identify poorly fixed brains. Sci Rep 8:14770 (2018). PubMed: 30282977